Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ravensholt

Source Port Download Section? Where? and which one is best for LAN?

Hi there,

It seems like I've been away from this website for far too long, as it now looks like the only thing here is a forum?

Where has the list of downloadable sourceports gone to?

I'm trying to setup a LAN event at work, and everyone are keen on playing some classic DOOM 1 and 2. However, most people would prefer to use a source port of sorts that supports mouse and changed keyboard layouts - and ofc. easy way of playing multiplayer.

Which port is the best for this? and is there a port that works for both Windows 8/10 , Linux and Mac? Especially Mac is important, since we have a few creative guys at the office that do not have Windows (only virtualized).

Also - if you could recommend any good Wads for LAN?

The only one I can think of, right now, is the one that originally won a price for a local danish newspaper (hbg2v2) that was based on the Copenhagen Central Station.

Thanks

Best regards,

Martin

Zandronum is mainly used active these days, with ZDaemon coming second, and I don't even know if Vavoom and Odamex are active anymore. So look into Zandronum or Zdaemon.

If you are fine with it, you could also have a go with using Chocolate Doom.

Download Doomseeker to join online games.

What about Doomsday Engine? It seems even Romero posted a guide/how-to setup ones own server once?

Is it still live or?

Thanks for the suggestions - I'd be sure to check out both Zandronum and ZDeamon.

3 hours ago, ravensholt said:

What about Doomsday Engine? It seems even Romero posted a guide/how-to setup ones own server once?

Is it still live or?

Thanks for the suggestions - I'd be sure to check out both Zandronum and ZDeamon.

Doomsday is active, here is its homepage

http://dengine.net/

Personally I would first look into Zandronum

https://zandronum.com/