Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Bad Religion - released

Great map, not much feedback to provide to improve the map; maybe make more notorious the hole to access the area where you use the red/yellow keys, since it's a mandatory area, so the player remembers the place if the first time getting on that part you decide to not jump in and instead explore somewhere else.

As for some impressions/thoughts:

- Early on the map does a good job making the player not feel safe anywhere but without pushing it so far that becomes irritating. I think having those homing Imps instead of Revenants helps on this matter.

- I was close to running out of ammo early on but using the chainsaw when possible was enough. Getting the rifle was a breath of fresh air: versatile, accurate and very powerful weapon for the amount of ammo it uses and allows you to snipe enemies from relative safety. Borderline OP but nerfing it would easily make it useless.

- The red key area was hell but it was my fault; I pushed a couple of buttons before realizing what was happening and suddenly there were a couple archviles and a bunch of miniviles chasing me and resurrecting each other and the hitscanners. The horror.

- The blue key area was a lot easier because infighting happens even without trying, it was like spectating a 2v2 match between Cyberdemons and their dark counterparts, and they cleared everything else in the process. When the party was over, a couple rockets were enough to finish the survivor.

- The last fight probably changes a lot in difficulty depending if you used the invulnerability sphere beforehand or not. I feel sorry for whoever picks it up early by mistake.

On 7/17/2017 at 4:26 AM, bioshockfan90 said:

looks cool, lil'2hard4me but uhh ill give it a shot when i get some time. if its anything like your NEIS levels I'll be glad

It's a lot like my NEIS levels except with the super shotgun, archviles, mancubi, pain elementals, arachnotrons, hell knights, ss troopers, and chaingunners. Also demons and specres don't infight. Pain elementals have a bite and cause explosive damage when they die. There's also the alpha rifle, mancubus arm, kdizd rifle, megasphere, doomsphere, and summonsphere. Then there's the hellions, soul harvesters, devils, hectebi, poison souls, poison elementals, vulgars, chaingun majors, Thamuzes, rapid fire troopers, double chaingunners, super imps, and demolishers. Otherwise indistinguishable from No End In Sight. Except that it requires ZDoom.

Edited by NaturalTvventy

1 hour ago, NaturalTvventy said:

It's a lot like my NEIS levels except with the super shotgun, archviles, mancubi, pain elementals, arachnotrons, hell knights, ss troopers, and chaingunners. Also demons and specres don't infight. Pain elementals have a bite and cause explosive damage when they die. There's also the alpha rifle, mancubus arm, kdizd rifle, megasphere, doomsphere, and summonsphere. Then there's the hellions, soul harvesters, devils, hectebi, poison souls, poison elementals, vulgars, chaingun majors, Thamuzes, rapid fire troopers, double chaingunners, super imps, and demolishers. Otherwise indistinguishable from No End In Sight. Except that it requires ZDoom.

that's a lot of custom enemies, sounds like a blast!

Just played through this; cool map! Big fan of the architecture and layout, with the vertical aspect reminding me of NEIS' e4m6. Some of the secrets and powerups are extremely strong, enough to trivialize the major fights, I feel. i.e. BFG + red damage sphere. The custom enemies and weapons are fun, especially the SS Rifle which tears through monsters as fast as it drains your bullets. I kind of wish the gameplay was as intimidating as the visuals, but it's still solid fun overall. Cheers!