Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaLiquidator

Doom Builder Auto Align?

Auto align Lines? Unless you are talking about auto aligning Textures that would be the button A, as for Lines im not quite sure the only method i would know is deleting Vertices.

Just now, NinjaLiquidator said:

Yes, talking about auto aligning textures. Tried button A. Nothing happens.

It sometimes work but other times it doesn't if it doesn't you will need to do the allingment manually

Curved lines don't always co operate with the auto align. you'll probably have to do it yourself if you're using too many sides.

23 minutes ago, Maisth said:

Auto align Lines? Unless you are talking about auto aligning Textures that would be the button A, as for Lines im not quite sure the only method i would know is deleting Vertices.

By default (in Visual Mode) A aligns the X-offset, shift-A aligns the Y-offset. For 2-sided lines (GZ)DB expects you to use the lower and upper texture unpegged flags.

8 minutes ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

1870 linedefs of smooth curves. If its impossible automatically, I wont do that at all

If something goes wrong Ctrl-Z should undo the catastrophe.

@dl_simc I didnt know I should do it in visual mode. But I have different problem - how to select all in visual mode? I dont wanna manually click all of 1800 lines in it. When I select them in normal mode and go to visual, the arent selected in it...

4 minutes ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

@dl_simc I didnt know I should do it in visual mode. But I have different problem - how to select all in visual mode? I dont wanna manually click all of 1800 lines in it. When I select them in normal mode and go to visual, the arent selected in it...

Usually Holding Shift and then using Left Click does the job

2 minutes ago, Maisth said:

Usually Holding Shift and then using Left Click does the job

So I tried both shifts and left click. Does nothing. But the auto-align works with A :D Still would like to know how to just select all connected lines, or select all in visual mode...

49 minutes ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

So I tried both shifts and left click. Does nothing. But the auto-align works with A :D Still would like to know how to just select all connected lines, or select all in visual mode...

If you are using GZDoomBuilder (from the couple of last years) there are two mass selection aides in the Visual Mode: 

Holding Shift while left clicking the targeted texture will select all the connected walls having that same texture. A minor trouble is that it selects all the one and the two sided walls - so replacing textures with this method should be done carefully.

Holding Ctrl while left clicking the texture will select only the walls having both the same texture and the same sector height context. (= having the same ceiling and floor heights)

But they won't work in DB(2).

Edited by dl_simc

@dl_simc Yea it works but only in GzDoom Builder. I would also like to know what is the keyboard shortcut for visual mode in GZ cause I am unable to go back from it. They changed it, its not W anymore...

1 minute ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

@dl_simc Yea it works but only in GzDoom Builder. I would also like to know what is the keyboard shortcut for visual mode in GZ cause I am unable to go back from it. They changed it, its not W anymore...

They changed it to Q by default!

1 hour ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

1870 linedefs of smooth curves. If its impossible automatically, I wont do that at all

When I do this I go into visual mode, have the texture in question in focus and just press "A". This is how it works in Doombuilder2 and it has never failed me once.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

When I do this I go into visual mode, have the texture in question in focus and just press "A". This is how it works in Doombuilder2 and it has never failed me once.

Hey it really works! Thanks :D

If you press "shift + A" you get a vertical auto align, which is also nice to know here and there.

Also note that in Doombuilder2 you can limit the textures that will get auto aligned by highlighting them all in visual mode. You'll get the jist of it after experimenting a bit here there.

Can't say I know much about GZDoombuilder... I prefer DB2 ;-)

I used to use DB2 over GzDB for a while, but after a strange incedent I had to make the switch. Turns out it's literally the same but with a few extra, nice features. The sound propagation plugin alone is so incredibly useful in terms of saving time, even though DB2 did let you customize the color of sb lines, to be fair.

Literally the only gripe I have on gzdb is holding shift while right-click-moving a "thing;" it clones them and then I get paranoid thinking every monster in the area/level is stacked twice over, heh, but I've since learned to rmb-move first then hold the shift button while placing.