Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

How far have you made it in Plutonia?

if you've played the Plutonia Experiment, you know that its pretty damn hard. So, how did you make it before giving up and in what difficulty? Or, are you a master and beat the entire thing?

Im currently playing it on UV, and I'm stuck on MAP07, that map it's a little bit ridiculous... :)

You peeps finding it tough should play Italo Doom.

I've beaten Plutonia a lot of times and in UV...even Go 2 It is a good map to practice your reflexes. 

I have finished all the original 32 maps before on UV, but I do have Plutonia 2 to get around to. I have to say, Plutonia 2 made the original look like a cakewalk, at least later on.

In HMP and continuous with saves, two times. UV and/or pistol starting and saveless, only maps 01 and 03 in one run but that was just casual, I'm not sure when I'm doing the rest. 

I played through the whole thing in UV. The only place I recall getting stuck for a few minutes was in a room where you get surrounded by chaingunners. Fuck that room. I also remember dying at the end of MAP31 and I'd forgotten to save... MAP32 gave me some trouble in the outside area, but it wasn't too terrible overall.

I'll play with pistol starts someday.

Couldn't even get trough map01. Sad. 

I actually had more trouble with TNT

I beat it on UV-continuous several times, but have never tried pistol start. Come to think of it, I should try that sooner or later.

Beaten, many times in UV continuous. As well as Plutonia 2 and Plutonia Revisited: Community Project. I love a bit of Plutonia, me. :D

The first time I played it on HNTR. But over the years I did beat it on UV several times. Compared to some modern mods it's shit easy. :D

Never bothered, so I think did upto MAP01. I might try to play it again, but I want to do TNT first.

@Jayextee Where's Urania? ;)

Beaten it a couple of times on ITYTD, but I can never for the life of me complete MAP29 without taking a bit of a noclip-around.

2 minutes ago, Voros said:

@Jayextee Where's Urania? ;)

Y'see I have it downloaded and was going to get around to it after moving house (which I have had done for a few months now) but I hear it's terribly grindy and not really as Plutonia-esque as I'd like. Hell, the other two could've done with probably shorter levels or something (even if PL2 is bae anyway).

got lost in MAP23, warped to other levels and beat those, but could never continuously beat Plutonia because MAP23 has some puzzle or something.

Not very tbh- but I rarely play the iwads anymore so...ye

Never really found Plutonia to be enjoyable!

I've gone up to map 15 on UV, and don't plan on going any further. Quite honestly I've gotten bored of it.

Currently on MAP14 in my first UV playthrough. I feel the heft of the difficulty just comes from how quickly you can react to the various traps/ambushes and how familiar you are with them. I think the attitude behind some of them is what brings the wad its appeal. MAP03 has some of my favorites. 

I'm sure I must have gotten past the first level at least once. I don't remember though.