Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

How far have you made it in Plutonia?

I have beated it once in offline, but online i did it couple of times. i usualy listed here all my megawads finished in "survival" mode whitout diening of begin to end online and plutonia is on it, aside whit tnt, av, hr, pl2, btsx and few others, plutonia is very easy too.

danm this high ping in map07, brazil...

I can go deathless on Ultra Violence up until Go 2 It which usually takes me a few tries. Those hallway cyberdemon fights are horrendous. 

I've beaten it on UV more than a few times, and on Nightmare... I think I quit on Map02, lol.

I should do a casual again sometime....

Just can't get enough of the Plutonia craziness... Urania and Pl2 are on my list to be completed someday! I'm always eager to hear about more similar Plutonia-like WADs to get a taste of, and add to my list! :P

Edited by Rosh Fragger

17 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Just can't get enough of the Plutonia craziness... Urania and Pl2 are on my list to be completed someday! I'm always eager to hear about more similar Plutonia-like WADs to get a taste of, and add to my list! :P

Plutonia 2 and PRCP are great wads for Plutonia, Urania is ok imo (I finished that one).

Played through it UV a few times but didn't like it that much, the later levels just get real damn cheap in their combat.

Have beaten many of the levels individually (many UV Max, some UV -Fast like Map09, 12, 31, 25 and 29), but not all. However, after finishing some modern WADs, Plutonia feels easy to me.

I honestly can't remember, but I imagine it's around about 10 levels or so at ITYTD, and a looong time ago. In more recent years, I pick it up now and then and fire it up on HMP or similar and get my arse handed to me on MAP01.

I will admit, I've never once completed an icon of sin level without cheats. not in doom 2, not in tnt, and definitely not plutonia. But Plutonia has the best pre icon of in level ever in Odyssey of noises, so I've cleared that on numerous occasions. It was actually the first map I ever pistol started on.

I've beaten most of Plutonia from pistol start, even having crept around Go 2 It at a glacial pace, BFG sniping Viles one at a time, getting to the exit in around 25 minutes lol. ok some people can beat it in under 5 but I am not a good player, just one very familiar with the original level sets

I have a lot of fun picking apart "arcade" sets but actually I love Well of Souls and Bunker as levels

Plutonia's map 30 must be one of the few IoS maps that I did bother to finnish the legal way. There is no annoying tall lift, just a simple one in the centre of a safety square.

49 minutes ago, yakfak said:

ok some people can beat it in under 5 but I am not a good player

You're not a bad player if you don't finnish maps the same way speedrunners do, there are different manners to play Doom and doing slowly is as acceptable and good as doing faster. 

Completed on UV, only with gameplay mods.  Might give it a run with Smooth Doom sometime.  Could be fun.

Ah, you seek Plutonia, the ancient evil? I have heard many tales regarding those who had tried to defeat this wretched WAD, but sadly none had ever returned to document their findings. Legend says, Plutonia is unconquerable! You should go back whence you came, before it is too late. Plutonia devours souls you know.

I've beaten it a couple times on UV only after getting warmed up with other wads.  It's definitely demanding.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:47 PM, GarrettChan said:

Have beaten many of the levels individually (many UV Max, some UV -Fast like Map09, 12, 31, 25 and 29), but not all. However, after finishing some modern WADs, Plutonia feels easy to me.

I can see a lot of that too. Especially in the modern era of Doom mapping where the vast majority of map packs that have been released in the last handful of years are much harder than anything the original Doom (1/2/TNT/Plutonia) games throws at you -and that's even before you add on mods like Complex Doom that adds a shit ton of modded monsters and makes then all OP, to the point where our favorite Space Marine is getting gibbed from even the most basic of enemies... Yeah.

Plutonia Map32 was probably the inspiration behind many a slaughter megawad. I don't remember where the original Hell Revealed series got their ideas from, but everyone else that came after copied the gameplay style. (for years, HR-style was a term used in mapping/gameplay, until slaughtermap came around)

UV continuous and up to MAP24 in Nightmare, but I did allow myself two saves per level (Edit: And skipped the secret levels.). It was more fun to plan the route than play it for most levels, heh.

Back when I first bought Final Doom when it was released, I finished all 32 maps continuous on Ultra-Violence using only the keyboard, but with saves. Plutonia is still pretty hard-core even today.

Beat it (no secret maps) 4 years ago with brutal doom and liberal use of the resurrect command. Does that count?

UV-max every map several times except map 11 and 30 I think I've finished only one time (I should return on that map at some point)

On 7/14/2017 at 0:56 PM, Graf Zahl said:

Compared to some modern mods it's shit. :D

Repaired.

Actually beat this yesterday my first time on UV and the later maps were nothing too crazy in comparison to the rough beginnings of the mapset. Certainly more tame than more recent megawads, but balanced well enough to keep you on your feet and not too long to grind you down. If you have the skillset to reliably beat MAP03, then the rest of it can be beaten with ease, plus a little diligence here and there at times.

I love voting map11 online after people get sick of go2it (seriously plutonia has a lot of interesting map than this shit), People start panicking and dying left and right.