How far have you made it in Plutonia?

Completed several times on UV -fast. Played with saves, no pistol starts. Even though it is considered difficult in general, it is more of a cakewalk compared to some newer WADS.

(Off the top of my head Alien Vendetta map 26 is the hardest I've encountered yet. Map 30 of Plutonia 2 is disgusting too.)

I've probably beaten it at least once each on HNTR/HMP/UV, continuous with saves. Only a couple of spots stick in my mind as ridiculously hard (MAP32 and the IoS notwithstanding): the bit in MAP05 with the mastermind and flanking chaingunners, and the finale of MAP09. Gah. Otherwise, it's one of my favorite sets just for its memorable architecture and layouts.

1 hour ago, 94's the best style said:

I need to make some progress in Cairo station.

I don't get it.

On 2017-07-14 at 0:19 PM, Jayextee said:

Y'see I have it downloaded and was going to get around to it after moving house (which I have had done for a few months now) but I hear it's terribly grindy and not really as Plutonia-esque as I'd like. Hell, the other two could've done with probably shorter levels or something (even if PL2 is bae anyway).

it really, really isn't. it may look the part, but that's where the comparisons end as far as i'm concerned. really frustrating and unfun to play.

i am familiar with Plutonia and have finished it a couple times.  the amount of enemies can be a little mean, but it's not that bad, and i like the visual style. well, maybe apart from that weird animated wall-texture that moves around.

I've beat it, but the final boss felt insane, with the huge amount of enemies and even the Cyber-demon at the middle. Not ashamed to say I used IDDQD at one point.

Completed all the maps on UV + pistol start + nosaves for pl/pl2/prcp. Did it a second time for pl and it was then a cakewalk. It looks like I'm bragging but it's actually a ridiculously small achievement, since we are living in a post-Sunder world where the best players out there earned their ticket to Valhalla. I mean, just give Eternal Slumber Party a shot. Or you can even go back to nochance or eaxt, and cry (note I'm mentioning wads with thought put into their gameplay, else I'd be taking bigger and pointless shortcuts).

That said I remember it being like a massive, scary wall in my beginnings and it was a very special feeling. I hope you are savoring this moment :-)