Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KillPixel

Yet another 90s inspired shooter

23 hours ago, KillPixel said:

Ah, yeah, it's reminiscent of the bio-rifle (I assume that's what you mean, I've only played UT3).

Better video

Nice, although I'd make the green glow a bit more subtle so it doesn't look so "gamey". Also, can you make it leave a bit of non-glowing slime permanently? Now that I think about it, will you have permanent bullet decals?

Not sure what to say about this if it's still in alpha. I have pretty high standards for everything.

How high are your aspirations ? 

Are you trying to surpass Doom and Quake ? If so this needs to have gameplay as good as Doom as a minimum. Otherwise I can just play a good Doom mappack.

If the gameplay is ok, then it still needs some kind of a new mechanic(which is not also just a gimmick) not seen in retro shooters before. Not just killing monsters is not gonna cut it. Ok maybe it will, but I'm guessing these 90s shooters will turn up more often these days. There still hasn't been a really good memorable one though.(like Super Meat Boy or Braid was to platformers)

As for the test video in the OP... the demonic/cult/blood thing is kind of overdone I think. It's definitely nostalgic, but doesn't set it THAT far apart from the classics. Granted it was just a test. I don't know what you have planned.

@DooM_RO We're not bringing on level designers just yet but if you have a portfolio please PM it to me.  If not, loose maps and a list of technologies/tools that you're familiar with would suffice.

@pulkmees In regards to aspirations, they're very high.  I intend for wrath to surpass the current fare and mingle with the greats.  I know it's a lofty goal and I agree with the other points you raised.  Also, you can disregard the video entirely; it's an early tech test that barely, just barely, made it public.

Gonna bump and say that i very much dig the idea of disallowing to save at any given moment. All the assets look/sound crisp and i'm very positive about level design, seeing @KillPixel's project for Quake. Where do you guys went?

The project is still very much alive and has advanced greatly in every aspect since the previous update.  I promise it will be worth the wait.

5 hours ago, KillPixel said:

The project is still very much alive and has advanced greatly in every aspect since the previous update.  I promise it will be worth the wait.

I hope to play the build that was in the teaser you posted a while ago. This game looks outstanding still.

On 9/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, KillPixel said:

The new incarnation of 3D Realms also has a Quake engine game in the making

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/here-is-your-first-look-at-3d-realms-upcoming-fps-that-is-powered-by-the-quake-engine/

They'll steal your thunder! Hmmm, also maybe you should contact them if you don't have a publisher?