Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xyzzу

What's your favorite death animation in any game?

Mine has got to be Hitler's from Wolfenstein 3D:

tumblr_lynoy2qVew1ro7n0ho1_500.gif

It's just so unnecessarily gory, but I love it for that! Somehow his head remains intact. Oh, and don't forget that "splooshy" sound effect :D

There's plenty, but all I can recall right now are various Mortal Kombat finishers (X-Ray moves too, if they count) and Doom 64's Cyberdemon >:D

One of my favorites was always the animation in Crash Bandicoot 3 where Crash gets cut in half by the knight and his legs go off on their own without his torso.

Also, the Cacodemon's death animation in classic Doom.

Probably the gib animation for the Centaurs in Hexen. I think it's very satisfying, and it's hilarious how their shield ends up bouncing before going to the ground.

From Doom I like most animations a lot, so I will go with the Hell Knight, because he is my favourite monster.

And I also liked making enemies explode in Deus Ex, especially Gunther Hermann and Anna Navarre. It was really satisfying seeing them blow up! 

Edit 1: I forgot in Crash 3, Crash Bandicoot falling in a pit and his shoes flying up sometimes. I always laughed at that one without reason and so I remember it even today.

Edit 2: The grunts from the first level of Spiderman 2: Enter Electro, screaming, as they fall from the edge of a building.

Edited by ShotgunDemolition

Gibbing Zombiemen or Imps in Doom

When guards start grabbing their throat, falling to their knees, as blood spurts out of their neck in the 2009 Wolfenstein game

Killing a Cacodemon while it is in the air and seeing it fall 4 floors really fast is satisfying.

Setting someone on fire in Kingpin with the flamethrower. The scream is hilarious and the run/burning animation is also comedic.

Bombing cultists/zombies in Blood with the TNT and watching their bodies and gibs go flying with blood drops going every which way.

There's so many more I can name, but these are the ones that instantly popped in my head.

4 hours ago, Voros said:

There's plenty, but all I can recall right now are various Mortal Kombat finishers (X-Ray moves too, if they count) and Doom 64's Cyberdemon >:D

MK came to mind for me too, hilarious amounts of bones and whatnot going flying is always great.

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

* Wall death glitch *

I feel like the more physics-dependant games are, the worse things get.

No single death animation, but Crash Bandicoot is fantastic because it has SO MANY death animations, pretty much custom to every scenario you can get in and usually quite comical!

The one that totally shocked me is this one>>>>>

Probably not shocking anymore compared by todays standards....

But at the time it came out it was so waaaaaaaay out there that I couldn't believe my eyes.

Add one more for Hitler; shooting his nutsack off in Sniper Elite. If I remember correctly, he also only has one ball in-game.

Doom 2 gibs, Mortal Kombat 9 and X have some really good ones. The sniper elite series has many Satisfying kill animations. I'm now remembering an enemy towards the end of Metroid prime that after you would kill it you could see it's brain. 

Wouldn't it be great if trees were like that in real life?

I always find very bad physics hilarious.

Ettin's xdeath in Hexen, the way he blows apart with his intestines spilling out and his club flying is always so viscerally satisfying.

The death animations due to the flare gun in Blood is always fun.  "AAHH! AAHH! IT BURNS IT BURNS! AAHH!"  Always gives me a good laugh.

The Pit fatality in Mortal Kombat 2 is also really good and still makes me wince, despite not being that gory.

Speaking of Blood just reminded me that the Bloated Butcher's voodoo doll related death where his hunks of flesh fall off revealing his still standing skeleton before it collapses is great.

And every death animation in the first Carmageddon.

2 hours ago, roadworx said:

my personal favorite:

Hitler-Head-Asplode.gif

holy shit, that's gruesome as hell.

...what's it from?

Nothing beats Fallout's Lieutenant for sheer unpleasantness.  

r6BSwpJ.gif