Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

DeuTex 5.1.0 is released

No more DosBox! At least, not Windows that is.

No more renaming MID files to MUS though.

Edited by Voros

Never needed to use DOSBox before, but having an official Windows build certainly helps now ;)

Debian duly updated (along with the freedoom point release)

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Dude I feel that we can make friends with you because I just need this program for my new project. I downloaded the earlier versions, but they did not work for me on the 7 64 bt system.

I see a new version came out recently. I started my project a long ago, but later I stopped working because I was lazy. And only this week from Monday I continued to work on the project and I needed some programs.

Can you help me. Can you add to DeuTex some of the new features that I need and which I will ask you to add them? Then it will be easier for me to develop my project. Can you help me?

Can you add to DeuTex some of the new features that I need and which I will ask you to add them?

Create some issues on Deutex's issue tracker on GitHub for your proposed features.

13 minutes ago, kop9000 said:

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Dude I feel that we can make friends with you because I just need this program for my new project. I downloaded the earlier versions, but they did not work for me on the 7 64 bt system.

I see a new version came out recently. I started my project a long ago, but later I stopped working because I was lazy. And only this week from Monday I continued to work on the project and I needed some programs.

Can you help me. Can you add to DeuTex some of the new features that I need and which I will ask you to add them? Then it will be easier for me to develop my project. Can you help me?

What kind of project is it? Deutex is really geared towards doom wad projects with an open repository that need an automated build process, like freedoom. It's handy for us because we can automatically generate new builds every time a change is submitted to the repo. If it's a small project that only has one or two people, you might be better off just using SLADE.

Just now, Doctor Nick said:

What kind of project is it? Deutex is really geared towards doom wad projects with an open repository that need an automated build process, like freedoom. It's handy for us because we can automatically generate new builds every time a change is submitted to the repo. If it's a small project that only has one or two people, you might be better off just using SLADE.

Oblige Plus

45 minutes ago, Doctor Nick said:

Doesn't oblige already have a wad composer included?

what do you mean?

1 hour ago, Voros said:

Create some issues on Deutex's issue tracker on GitHub for your proposed features.

I do not know how to do it

9 minutes ago, kop9000 said:

what do you mean?

Well, all deutex does is put wads together from the already existing parts. Oblige already does this after it's finished generating the levels. Are you planning to do something a bit more complicated?

3 minutes ago, Doctor Nick said:

Well, all deutex does is put wads together from the already existing parts. Oblige already does this after it's finished generating the levels. Are you planning to do something a bit more complicated?

no. In my project there will be quite another

chungy

this is what I need.

1) here I have two different files with one level, but there are the same names with the same names namely map01.wad.

deutex -doom2 doom2.wad -levels -xtract rand.wad
deutex -doom2 doom2.wad -levels -xtract rand2.wad

And when deutex when unpacking the next file finds out that there the level has the same name, it replaces it with a new one.

Could you add some kind of command like -ri or -de which will be the generated number and this number will be the level name?

I really need this feature

2) can you do so that when packing not use txt file so that deutex itself can collect all the folders and files?

Why not just rename the extracted map01.wad to something else and then do the extraction of rand2.wad?

2 seems impossible/too much work. You can't build stuff properly unless there're instructions.

18 minutes ago, Voros said:

Why not just rename the extracted map01.wad to something else and then do the extraction of rand2.wad?

2 seems impossible/too much work. You can't build stuff properly unless there're instructions.

1) it will be inconvenient when my project will run batch mode several times
2) why?

1 hour ago, kop9000 said:

chungy

this is what I need.

1) here I have two different files with one level, but there are the same names with the same names namely map01.wad.

deutex -doom2 doom2.wad -levels -xtract rand.wad
deutex -doom2 doom2.wad -levels -xtract rand2.wad

And when deutex when unpacking the next file finds out that there the level has the same name, it replaces it with a new one.

Could you add some kind of command like -ri or -de which will be the generated number and this number will be the level name?

I really need this feature

2) can you do so that when packing not use txt file so that deutex itself can collect all the folders and files?

1) seems workable. Submit an issue here with the proper requirements (like how it should behave, what the option name should be, etc.): https://github.com/Doom-Utils/deutex/issues

2) we might be able to do. What exactly do you have in mind?

1 might cause conflicts when extracting two separate WADs eg I extract "test.wad", and get a map01.wad in the levels folder, then extract a "myproject.wad" to get map01.wad to map11.wad, but there will also be a map12.wad in the folder too.

At least I believe this is kop wants the behaviour to be like.

2 certainly is possible, but then the folders all must contain the correct files with the correct names. Some things, like sprites, need offset values for them to properly work in game. That can be overriden by considering the height as the y offset and half of width as x offset, but it's crude and still needs manual work.

So, regarding 1), you'll be happy to know that deutex already includes this feature. "-overwrite -extract".

However, the feature was broken in the latest release. We will create a new release shortly with this feature fixed.

Seriously? COMstroy wasn't even touched or anything and WSafe is set to true by default. How did it break?

Just now, Voros said:

Seriously? COMstroy wasn't even touched or anything and WSafe is set to true by default. How did it break?

Writing the wad doesn't read WSafe, it reads from clobber. Just setting clobber to CLOBBER_YES fixes it.

BTW, Voros, could you look into adding proper GZDoom/GL_node level support to deutex? It crashes when I attempt to extract then recompose a wad that has glnodes.

I don't know much on glnodes (yet) to make a worthy effort :/

I was actually looking into adding support for more specific lumps like the ones in A_START/END, C_START/END, TX_START/END etc. very recently, which should be easy, but damn life sucks.

In other news, I can't find any mention of clobber being related to overwriting permissions.

Edit: I found it. Instead of making WADRopenW check clobber, why not let it check WSafe? Seem redundant.

Edited by Voros

So you did. I assumed you were talking about ZNODES not GL_* lumps :P there's barely any documention on them, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.