Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Discovery of Doom II V1.066 Mac Beta Floppies (not really)

Yep! I think we got a new neighbor in our version neighborhood. Lazy Game Reviews (a known retro PC enthusiast youtube guy) has recently received Doom II V1.066 Mac Beta Floppies from someone who claimed they were saved from being recycled at a recycling part. LGR dumped those mac floppies and posted them on Archive.org

Link: https://archive.org/details/DoomII1066Disks

Original Video:

8:45 is where it happens.

I haven't watched the video yet, but last October there was a guy on the Doom reddit who claimed to have some sort of beta Mac Doom floppies. I researched it (going so far as to install a classic-Mac emulator) and it looked like it was just the "normal" Doom 2 v1.666 IWAD (I think). I am assuming these are probably the same disks. Which also makes the archive.org backup technically warez.

7 minutes ago, Linguica said:

I haven't watched the video yet, but last October there was a guy on the Doom reddit who claimed to have some sort of beta Mac Doom floppies. I researched it (going so far as to install a classic-Mac emulator) and it looked like it was just the "normal" Doom 2 v1.666 IWAD (I think). I am assuming these are probably the same disks. Which also makes the archive.org backup technically warez.

If it's the case (and proven again), feel free to remove the link if I don't earlier.