Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Another map for Doom2: Scurrilous Knave

It's funny, because I wondered to myself yesterday when you would grace us with another map - and here you are!
No time for a decent playthrough tonight, but I'll make sure to do just that as soon as possible.

16 hours ago, Olroda said:

It's funny, because I wondered to myself yesterday when you would grace us with another map - and here you are!
No time for a decent playthrough tonight, but I'll make sure to do just that as soon as possible.

Thanks man! there is already another map

I'm glad to see more stuff from you. I must say that isn't as remarkable as other maps of older mapsets but it's still an enjoyable level with your style. Also it made me remember that I still have to play Myriads, which I started it when was released but I forgot to continue it. I wasn't able to load the wad with chocolate/prboom+ cause of a problem with the textures so I played with gzDoom, iirc Myriads had the same problem. The elevator with the pain elemental and the mancubus before the red key is a bit awkward, perhaps a switch the to lower it and putting the monster farther would be better? Also the chaingunners put in the small sectors as the central pillar in nukage and the crates are stuck.

4 hours ago, gaspe said:

I'm glad to see more stuff from you. I must say that isn't as remarkable as other maps of older mapsets but it's still an enjoyable level with your style. Also it made me remember that I still have to play Myriads, which I started it when was released but I forgot to continue it. I wasn't able to load the wad with chocolate/prboom+ cause of a problem with the textures so I played with gzDoom, iirc Myriads had the same problem. The elevator with the pain elemental and the mancubus before the red key is a bit awkward, perhaps a switch the to lower it and putting the monster farther would be better? Also the chaingunners put in the small sectors as the central pillar in nukage and the crates are stuck.

Thanks gaspe, I've made the changes you suggested, I forgot that chaingunner in the central pillar though but I'll update for the next time adding a couple of traps too to make the map more upbeat.

About that texture problem I know, it's like my wad needs to have the same texture entries of the Iwad in it to work on any port (making the file a little heavier) so I'll do the same I did with the favillesco alphas for the official release to make it fully vanilla compatible.