Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FragrantGingerCalamari

games you want to pre-order but don't have the money for

There are going to be some release this year that I personally think are worth full price but pre-ordering enables too many bad business practices

I can't deal with destiny, wolenstine and evil within all coming out at the same time.

Pre-Ordering is a bad practice. Especially nowadays.

Over and over again, I see new games get hyped to hell, only for them to come out and be a broken, buggy, unfinished, "DAY ONE PATCH" mess. Every time I see people I know pre-order a game, it almost always ends up being a frustrating experience.

I've pre-ordered two games my entire life, both from companies I had faith in not fucking up tremendously on launch, and both did okay. Left 4 Dead 2, which gave me the first game for free, and The Witcher 2. That's it. Otherwise, my personal policy is "wait 6 months." because between being poorly optimized, or having strange issues like DOOM '16 had, or just being filled to the brim with glitches and bugs, or just being over hyped shit *cough*Dead Rising 4*cough*, I'd rather not throw my money at anything until I know what I'm getting 100%.

The bigger the game, the longer I probably end up waiting too. I almost, almost considered pre-ordering Mafia 3. What a massive, gigantic Bullet Bill sized bullet I dodged there...

Assassin's Creed: Unity, No Man's Sky, Mafia III, Dishonored 2, the four biggest offenses to day-1 purchases (unless I'm missing something). Imagine paying full price for either an incomplete / broken promises, extremely buggy, or horribly un-optimized engine of a game. These titles in particular pretty much made me wait on steep discounts as opposed to running out and grabbing them as soon as they're available. Let alone pre-ordering the damn things.

Far cry 5 or Wolfenstein 2

Money is not a problem, Which game is good and doesn't have a Season pass bullshit its what matters

I'm done pre-ordering games except when I can put $5 down, get a beta code and immediately get a refund. Other than W:TNC and maybe FC5 though, I'm not really that hyped for anything coming out. I've also quit worrying about CEs, as there tend to be a few floating about for much cheaper a couple months after the game comes out (although I did buy two copies of the Doom 16 CE at full price simply to support id. One is with my ex-wife, one is with me. Also got that Juggernaut fridge packed with BO2 on principal that there were only two available at Gamestop and I wanted to be that asshole walking out on launch day for the first time in my life. It was quite satisfying.)

DOOM 4. I mean I have the money its just I haven't pre ordered / day 1 ordered a game since GTA San Andreas. Before that I think it was DOOM 3. While I didn't spend the actual money to buy DOOM 4 pre order, I ended up just TF2 key buying it from someone on Steam. Sure I could sell 25+ TF2 keys but why bother doing that when I have to find and phone confirm that yes I want to sell each and every one when I can just drag & drop 25 keys to someone via the Steam trade?

Other than that... I have too many games. Everything will be $5 soon enough or bundled. At that point the bugs and issues will be fixed and the game ill most likely be a better experience.

Since most games aren't worth pre ordering I would only do so if I really like the company. Doom 2016 is an example. Also I was pleased that the special edition actually had a awesome statue

I am considering pre ordering Agony, but that will depend on the fulfillment of other obligations.

@Mayhem666, I am surprised this game doesn't interest you. 

On 7/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, Captain red pants said:

There are going to be some release this year that I personally think are worth full price but pre-ordering enables too many bad business practices

Unless you want a collectors edition to smugly parade around like I'm going to do with my Total War: Warhammer II. :P

https://getwarhammer2.totalwar.com/eu#/cart

5 hours ago, Tracer said:

pre ordering Agony

I'm super iffy on that one. Been watching their facebook group, and a lot of what they show looks like shock value for shock values sake, which is the worse kind of shock value.

15 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

I'm super iffy on that one. Been watching their facebook group, and a lot of what they show looks like shock value for shock values sake, which is the worse kind of shock value.

Schlock value!

Good to know, Mr. Glide.  Having not been on Facebook for over two years, I don't get to see all of those updates unless I search for them on YouTube or something.  I'll check into that.  Thanks.