What would have made Doom 3 perfect to you?

2 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Are you thirteen?

haha, cute.

you're close. I'm 11

9 hours ago, MFG38 said:

The world, yes, but not so much the weapons.

They're hit or miss, yeah. Preferentially I didn't mind some of the weapons being a bit quieter as the sound didn't become over-bearing. Not every weapon needs to blow your ear-drums, but I still want to feel the powah.

The pistol sounds meatier and packs a bigger punch than the original. I think the shotgun sounds pretty good, maybe a bit bassy, but the way it sounds is disproportionate to its actual power in battle, which influenced my opinion about it. The double-barreled shotgun in RoE, on the other hand, is a monstrous killing machine that sounds like a fucking Howitzer, and I loved using it. The chaingun and plasma rifle, despite sounding good and looking powerful, were mostly useless during my play-throughs. The machine gun was the most versatile weapon of the rapid-fire bunch, but it sounded like a tin can caught in the spokes of a bicycle. The rocket launcher is beefy all-around. The BFG is the biggest disappointment of them all, making a wimpy little "pew" sound. Doom64 still holds the BFG championship in my book.

Even though it only showed up in a few places and doesn't operate the same way as the original, the Doom3 berserk has a special charm all its own. Namely: aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *SMACK SMACK SMACK* eeeeeEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH *SMACK SMACK SMACK* YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGH

1 person likes this

I would have liked to see roaming monsters as opposed to them just teleporting in, if it was like that, it would have been a little less predictable.

On 21.07.2017 at 1:56 AM, Megalyth said:

They're hit or miss, yeah. Preferentially I didn't mind some of the weapons being a bit quieter as the sound didn't become over-bearing. Not every weapon needs to blow your ear-drums, but I still want to feel the powah.

The pistol sounds meatier and packs a bigger punch than the original. I think the shotgun sounds pretty good, maybe a bit bassy, but the way it sounds is disproportionate to its actual power in battle, which influenced my opinion about it. The double-barreled shotgun in RoE, on the other hand, is a monstrous killing machine that sounds like a fucking Howitzer, and I loved using it. The chaingun and plasma rifle, despite sounding good and looking powerful, were mostly useless during my play-throughs. The machine gun was the most versatile weapon of the rapid-fire bunch, but it sounded like a tin can caught in the spokes of a bicycle. The rocket launcher is beefy all-around. The BFG is the biggest disappointment of them all, making a wimpy little "pew" sound. Doom64 still holds the BFG championship in my book.

Even though it only showed up in a few places and doesn't operate the same way as the original, the Doom3 berserk has a special charm all its own. Namely: aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *SMACK SMACK SMACK* eeeeeEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH *SMACK SMACK SMACK* YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGH

The D64 BFG literally says "POWAH" when you fire it.

1 person likes this

I'm a bit conservative about doom 3 since i grew up playing it and i pretty much love it as it is, but i couldn't beg enough for a shotgun with a thighter spread.

And a bit more variation on the jumpscares wouldn't hurt too even if they get me all the time.

Its really not a big deal, the game was great.

BUT SHIT.

Those weapon sounds are disgusting.

The shotgun, the rifle, the rocket.

They sound so weak! 

I think thats all. Ah... also, the granade is useless and the shotgun is OP at 1 feet away, 2 feet and is like a pistol.