Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Eagle Speedmapping Sessions 5 - Total Silence [PRE-RELEASE READY]

Will be held on the 5th August, 2017.

BASIC RULES:

- You'll have 2 hours to finish the map, however the borderline is 3 hours if your project is that ambitious

- The maps should be Boom compatible and playable in -complevel 9 in order to increase flexibility. You don't have to use Boom actions if you don't want to.

- You'll get three themes when the session starts to ensure fair play. The bonus, last session will also contain a bonus theme

- You'll need to incorporate at least one theme in your map

So, the first session will be held on 7:00 am UTC (New York is UTC-4 so take that as an example) and the second session will be held on 7:00 pm UTC!

for navigation - http://everytimezone.com

NEW - WE HAVE OUR OWN DISCORD SERVER NOW! Feel free to join, even if you won't map (we need playtesters and mods) and have fun chatting! 

https://discord.gg/usQDVGd

I hope you'll enjoy and come back for more next month!

PRE-RELEASE IS NOW READY! GRAB IT

https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19330

Edited by DoomLover234 : updated pre-release

I probably won't be online till 2nd August or so, so I'll bring this topic up now. 

I don't know if I will be present for this one, there's a BBQ happening at my place. If I get the chance, I will whip up a map.

Three more days! Woo. Won't participate due to PC issues. Probably won't be able to compile too but I will try to. 

I can help you out if you need it. I've never actually compiled one before, but I'll invest the time to learn it if you need help.

Yeah... less than a day folks! I hope more people turn up after the disaster that was last session with 5 people participating including my god awful slaughter map that was meant to emulate more open space but it was a bore platformer.

Well, if y'all really want to use a texture pack, I'm not really gonna stand in your way - but make sure you include them in your file I guess.

Themes:

1. Map must be based on ancient ruins

2. Map must feature a lot of switch mechanisms 

3. No armor

Dammit I'll participate. 

So as I was doing my map for about 45 minutes my PC crashed and I didn't save it. Bummer... that just continues my PC issues... I'll try my best to participate in the second session and save the map regularly.

I won't be taking part in this session after all, but I'll happily livestream the complied mapset once again after I've finished the final episode of No End In Sight.

Map: Verdant

Time taken: 176 minutes

Music: Unyes.mid from Jimmy's 30in30-4

Themes: Ancient ruins, a lot of switch mechanisms, no armour

Notes: All difficulties, automap cleaned, waterfall and sky textures, ANIMATED for the WFALL

Media:

KF7mioG.jpg

Edited by Pinchy

Yey! Also I'll change the title MIDI bc it's obnoxious. However, the new one may be just as bad :)

11 hours ago, DoomLover234 said:

Themes:

1. Map must be based on ancient ruins

2. Map must feature a lot of switch mechanisms 

3. No armor

BONUS - Map ends with boss fight (Barons, Cybies, Spiders, heck, even Icon of Sin)

Dammit I'll participate. This time for realz.