Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egyptian Guardian

Chester Beddington of Linkin Park committed suicide.

This is extremely sad news in the world of music. Linkin Park was a great band in the late 90's. I just want everyone to know that as bad as life gets, never give up. I pray to the family of Mr. Bennington and every other member of Linkin Park.

Edited by Bernie : Accidently spelled his name wrong

Just now, Bernie said:

This isn't a joke at all.

I know. I just can't believe. 

That's sad. I will always remember his song "In the end, it doesn't even matter...". RIP

It's Chester Bennington, not Beddington.

Pretty suspicious seeing as it's also Chris Cornell's birthday today, and the two were close. Regardless, RIP. Hybrid Theory was the first CD album I purchased myself.

Damn, unexpected news. Linkin Park may be the poster child for weird edgy music memes, but the band had its place and it triumphed for a while. The Cornell connection is a bit harrowing. Hope is family hangs tough. 41 is far too young. 

No, It can't be. No.

I still remember Linkin Park as one of the best musician groups from my high school days. And I still remember their awesome live concert they performed in Seoul nearly 10 years ago. It was my second time to see live concert of foreign musicians, followed by Nine Inch Nails. And to be honest, it's hard to explain how I feel right now about this tragic news.

Rest in Peace.

16 minutes ago, Cupboard said:

I got bummed when musicians die, I hope his fans hang in there.

Not sure if it's a pun or you're oblivious to the way he died.

He had 6 kids too. Just like Ray Combs.

I wonder if the last album's reception had anything to do with this. Lately, the band was experimenting a lot, which seemed to be a sincere way of reinventing themselves, but the audience wasn't always very supportive.

40 minutes ago, Cupboard said:

I hope his fans hang in there.

Given that Bennington hung himself, I can't tell if the above is an edgy joke or just an unfortunate turn of phrase.

I saw them in 2000. "One Step Closer" had just dropped on MTV, and while I knew about and loved that song I wasn't expecting them to open for Papa Roach. It was a great show and they came out afterwards and chilled at the merchandise booth, so I got to meet them all (also met Jared from (hed) P.E. at the same show). Went back to school the next day and I was all excited, telling everyone about LP and nobody knew who the hell they were. A few months later "Crawling" comes out as a single (the only song on Hybrid Theory I hated actually; I still can't stand it), and suddenly everyone in school knew who they were. Damn posers. Lol. Loved the hell out of them. So. This news sucks bad. Didn't know about it until the guy I went to the show with texted me about twenty minutes ago about it, which just adds to the feels.

Damn, this is some sad news indeed. I like some songs from Linkin Park, and the fact that Chester Bennington committed suicide makes me sad. He will indeed be missed, and my condolences go to his friends and family.

Edited by NiTROACTiVE

3 minutes ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

Damn, this is some sad news indeed. I like some songs from Linkin Park, and the fact that Chester Bennington committed suicide makes makes me sad. He will indeed be missed, and my condolences go to his friends and family.

My condolences.

Some years ago, I used to listen a lot to Hybrid Theory and Meteora (my favourite from Linkin Park). Those were great times and it is very sad that he has gone away. He was a great musician, no matter what style he chose to have in his career and he had produced so many memorable songs. In the end, What I've done, Bleed it out and the list goes on...

May he rest in peace.

2 hours ago, axdoomer said:

I guess he knew too much about Hillary Clinton, so he got suicided.

I assume parents dropped you on the head and now you're an incurable idiot.

I just heard about this on the radio. I've liked a few Linkin Park songs over the years, they had the right music at the right time. Like 'em or hate 'em, they've had a huge impact on rock and metal. RIP Chester

God fucking dammit. What the actual fuck? I'm not the biggest fan of LP but I'm still a fan of theirs. But there's no replacing Chester. The man was one of a kind. Makes me so goddam sad to hear this. Like a poster earlier said, this DOES seem like a bad joke. RIP Chester :(

Oh my fucking god. I was just listening to A Light That Never Comes. One of my biggest vocal inspirations is gone. This is heart-ripping.

I saw it on Facebook and thought it was another hoax until I saw the Associated Press post about it. LP was one of the bands that got me into alternative and rock music in the first place. He was such a great musician. RIP Chester. :c