Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egyptian Guardian

Chester Beddington of Linkin Park committed suicide.

sorry I was too mad people making fun of dead man.

11 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Is it normal to bring assholes in such threads? I don't usually participate, so I wouldn't know.

What did he post?

This particular death really got me thinking; we always seem to lose the best of us, because we feel that we're alone in this world or that we don't deserve to exist. In reality, we're surrounded by love, and we just take it all for granted. 

I've loved several of Linkin Park's songs, and this passing is hurting more than usual.

Rest in peace. 

One thing that bothers me about this thread is that it had more replies than my thread about Chris Cornell's passing (flammable comment).

Despite my username I actually wasn't that into Linkin Park other than What I've Done and a few of their newer songs. I think the edgy fanbase they had drove me away. When Chester was in Stone Temple Pilots I was actually intrigued and I think the one EP they did with him wasn't that bad actually.

I now await backlash.

I was quite fond of LP's first two albums back in the day, and I'll always have a soft spot for them. Even then, it feels quite unreal to hear this news of Chester's sudden departure. With the countless people who appreciated and found comfort in his work, it's really saddening that he could not find respite from his own inner turmoil before it reached the point of ending his journey. RIP

Oh shit I forgot about Dead By Sunrise. That was founded by Bennington and Out of Ashes was a good album too.

There was a period in 2011 where I went back to LP with their early stuff (Hybrid Theory and Meteora, along with Reanimation which has some great features with Orgy and Korn) and it just 'clicked' with me at the time, thought the songwriting was good and the emotion behind many of the tracks to be really heartfelt. Even if it could be whiny at times (I'm looking at you One Step Closer and Crawling).

Very out of the blue news, very unfortunate loss.

I feel such a conclusion gives you a different perspective of the band's work. That dude whose voice you knew for years didn't make it in the end.

Yeah I went back and listened to their discog back in 2012 and I enjoyed it. I especially became fond of a newer album called A Thousand Suns. To me it was like their version of NIN's Year Zero, albeit a bit more positive. Tell me this isn't a great song

it's still like so out of the blue and so strange. I mean he's another example that money and fame aren't always gonna be enough to save us from ourselves. And that doesn't have to be a bad message to walk away with. It means there's more to life than those things. I hope he's found what he was looking for. RIP Chester :(

EDIT: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/07/chester-bennington-wife-talinda-twitter-hacked-hoax/

Edited by Neurosis

1 hour ago, Neurosis said:

EDIT: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?

Well, as the link itself suggests us, it's someone's idea of entertainment.

On 7/20/2017 at 3:15 PM, CARRiON said:

Pretty suspicious seeing as it's also Chris Cornell's birthday today, and the two were close. Regardless, RIP. Hybrid Theory was the first CD album I purchased myself.

I thought this was very suspect also. Maybe it was a case of "if you're going to go, so am I." Such a shame, now I can never listen to Meteora the same way again.

Terrible news. I wish he hadn't done this but he must have been in a lot of pain. Rest in peace, man.