Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TerminusEst13

[Gameplay mod] High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

A little bug report: If you shoot the starting revolver and start to click the whip like a madman so you whip while the level is still bright, you keep the level lighted up until you fire again. GZDoom 3.1.0, software rendering.

This is extremely awesome. Honestly, I haven't even used any of the guns at all because the boomerang and whip is all I need. Not joking.

At first I read the title as a mod that recreated McCree from Overwatch, but this is a million times better. Those dual grease guns are giving me the shivers.

Some fellas have version error  launching it with GZDoom 2.5. Is that means it's not compatible? 

3 hours ago, R1ck said:

Some fellas have version error  launching it with GZDoom 2.5. Is that means it's not compatible? 

Play on the newer 3.1 version or GZDoom.

This mod is a blast. I love it when gameplay mods have a large variety of customization. Nicely put together!

Oh good, another gameplay mod by TerminusEst. Are you already planning to leave it unfinished at some point?

Sorry for sass, but yeah, mod loks great and all, but after you left us with *third* unfinished mod, I'm not sure it's worth investing time and bandwidth into fourth.

1 hour ago, R13 said:

Oh good, another gameplay mod by TerminusEst. Are you already planning to leave it unfinished at some point?

Sorry for sass, but yeah, mod loks great and all, but after you left us with *third* unfinished mod, I'm not sure it's worth investing time and bandwidth into fourth.

...this one is finished, though??

And tons of fun at that. Go play this instead of being a Sadpants McGee.

this is a ton of fun! I really like the ssg double reload mechanic, don't think I've seen anything like that before. and the grenades are really fun to use

Not sure if this was addressed in one of the other Doom forum but when performing a slide and using the Basilissa transformation, the player will not return back to his original height and stay midget size. Also monsters will no longer aggro onto you.

Thanks for playing, everybody! I'm glad you folks seem to be enjoying it so far.

5 hours ago, Officer D said:

Not sure if this was addressed in one of the other Doom forum but when performing a slide and using the Basilissa transformation, the player will not return back to his original height and stay midget size. Also monsters will no longer aggro onto you.

Fixed, thank you. I'll try to release a v1.1 soon, addressing a good handful of bugs and issues.

Really fun stuff. Played a handful of Bloodstain maps with it. Had to turn reload to revolver only! That's probably a little cheaty, but I have more fun with it. 

I don't think I'll ever get used to using the slide, though. Great release, Term!

"Oh good, another gameplay mod by TerminusEst. Are you already planning to leave it unfinished at some point?"

I keep hearing this meme, but it ignores the fact that almost all of those mods are feature-complete enough to play as intended and are only "unfinished" because term builds on them as he goes and moves on when he's done.

Hey Terminus, think you could include a readme.txt on how the weapons work in the next version?

For example, I see you spinning the revolver in the trailer, but hell if I figured out how to do it. The last weapon also left me with questions, since I didn't use the transformation other than as a quick test, in fear that when it ended (couldn't figure out how to end it prematurely too) I'd lose the weapon.

Sure, a readme might be good.

Or, at the very least, a second page to the Read This in the menu that explains some functions. A lot of people seem to be unsure of the finer nuances of some guns, and some things are a bit more subtle than the others--like pretty much the entirety of the arrow's damage. Hopefully I'll be able to clear things up.

(Also the revolver spinning is the Zoom key!)

Oh that reminds me I spent a while in the menus trying to figure out how to throw a grenade before I found out it was the RL replacement. D'oh!

Not very! The biggest source of inspiration for this was Erron Black from Mortal Kombat X, with some touches of Darkwatch and Wild ARMs. Good games.

7 hours ago, TerminusEst13 said:

Not very! The biggest source of inspiration for this was Erron Black from Mortal Kombat X, with some touches of Darkwatch and Wild ARMs. Good games.

Speaking of Erron Black, can we get his one liners in the mod?

23 hours ago, TerminusEst13 said:

...Wild ARMs. Good games.

My all-time favorite game.  God bless you, Nelson Muntz.

Hello, friends!

I've been rather surprised about the reception to my simple cowboy gameplay mod so far, but I'm very glad folks like it. I’ve had a lot of fun working on it, and even during my break after releasing it I couldn’t help but prod at it a little more to address the issues and critiques people had with it.
Things piled up bit by bit, and now I've got a nice ol' 1.1 build with a lot of bugfixes and little bits of polish added.

Probably the most interesting thing you’ll note is Heretic support.
An acquaintance sent me over some code for a really cool Quickdraw-esque thing, and I liked it a lot but wasn’t sure how to put it in. So I asked people what they thought.

One frequent ensuing suggestion was to make it a one-time use item, like a Tome of Power. Then on a dev stream, a viewer suggested running around in Heretic. I shrugged and gave it a shot, slotting it in Heretic and replacing the Tome of Power, and it turned out to be really fun!

So Heretic support has been added, and comes with its own curious array of items. I also added Chex Quest support after a bit of drinking because it took like five minutes. A nice little thing, if I say so myself. But, obviously, I'm a little biased.

Still, I hope you all enjoy. I wasn't able to put everything into this build that I wanted to, and I wasn't able to address everything, but hopefully it's good nonetheless. Let me know if anything seems off or if you think something can be done better.

Please enjoy.

Been your fan from demonsteele v1. Will you include toaster console command on next version? 

Also. The whip seems have slow feedback when I tried to use it rapidly. 

Toaster command is in! In Mod Options, please go down to Optimization settings.

XJjkQci.png

You can modify different things as you see fit, here.

Love the new update. I'm encountering sound issues when spamming dual grenades, set to explode on impact. The second pair of grenades don't play the exploding sound. Is there a sound setting to fix the issue or is this a bug within the mod? All the sound settings are pretty much default.

I believe it's a bug in the mod itself. I looked in the SNDINFO and noticed that the $limit I'd defined for the grenade explosions at some point had been removed, so now I've restored it. It should be in the next version.

Thank you for letting me know!

I can't believe this, a wad/mod like this was my secret wish, this looks very awesome and very nice idea with the Boomerang, good job! Gonna play it soon. Thank you for making this!

It also remembered me of Outlaws (a little bit) ^^ :D