Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Hic et Nunc: another Doom2 map

This short map is planned to be the first of my embryonary next episode, this with myriads and scurrilous knave are very similar to the maps on favillesco's Amalthea and Favillesco's Thebe, the next ones will be more innovative in theme regards while keeping the same textures. Test it at your will

Last version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ewt5jfswd0uyjws/hicetnunc01.wad

p2ibZfr.png

5K0y0aL.png

zgRRd2x.png

OvykLRJ.png

gcGP6Uz.png

YGKsu2D.png

hQhFg1Z.png

ZnmcRvR.png

dL6cnPZ.png

WUnnAFV.png

Edited by nicolas monti

The three maps you have released recently are unplayable in prBoom+ and lower ports because some iwad texture definitions are missing. I get a message upon bombing out that suggests the sky textures aren't defined, which will prevent the wad from running. If other iwad textures that are used in the map aren't defined, the wad will run but HOMs will show up, because these ports can't stack textures lumps (only the last lump loaded is used). To avoid all of this, in SLADE you can define doom2.wad as a base resource and select 'Import from Base Resource Archive' when you're creating TEXTURE1 and PNAMES for the first time.

20 hours ago, rdwpa said:

The three maps you have released recently are unplayable in prBoom+ and lower ports because some iwad texture definitions are missing. I get a message upon bombing out that suggests the sky textures aren't defined, which will prevent the wad from running. If other iwad textures that are used in the map aren't defined, the wad will run but HOMs will show up, because these ports can't stack textures lumps (only the last lump loaded is used). To avoid all of this, in SLADE you can define doom2.wad as a base resource and select 'Import from Base Resource Archive' when you're creating TEXTURE1 and PNAMES for the first time.

Thanks man, I'm having issues since I already have my personal texture file and I cannot find that step where you apply new texture definitions:

x4v6aDv.jpg

Can you tell me what to do? I dont mind original doom2 textures being crushed by new patches because I'm not using them.

Since the textures you are using are defined in your textures lump, it's a quick fix. You can open Doom2.wad's texture definition and copy whatever sky definitions are missing over to your own texture1. hicetnunc00.wad is missing SKY2 and SKY3. After adding those, I was able to run it in prBoom+. Or even more simply, you can create placeholders for your SKY2 and SKY3 by copy/pasting your own SKY1 twice and renaming the copies.

21 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Since the textures you are using are defined in your textures lump, it's a quick fix. You can open Doom2.wad's texture definition and copy whatever sky definitions are missing over to your own texture1. hicetnunc00.wad is missing SKY2 and SKY3. After adding those, I was able to run it in prBoom+. Or even more simply, you can create placeholders for your SKY2 and SKY3 by copy/pasting your own SKY1 twice and renaming the copies.

Nice, I'll update the 3 links for PrBoom+ compatibility. Later I'll see how to make it fully vanilla compatible since choco doom is troubling me with some switch R_Texture names