Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ahmed

Changing Soundfonts

So I downloaded this soundfont SGM.sf2 from the internet , but I have no idea how to modify it into my game .

I am using prboom-plus/glboom-plus as my main source port .

I went through plenty of articles but none of them would show a step by step guide into changing Soundfonts, so please if anyone can help me out here

Edited by A7MAD

A minor tweak in the cfg file is all you need. Since you're using GlBoom, just open up glboom-plus.cfg and search for the entry named 'snd_soundfont' and to the right there should be a quoted sf2 file designated for use, which is probably TimGM6mb.sf2 by default. Change it to "SGM.sf2" and make sure the actual file is in the same folder as PrBoom. You'll also need to ensure your midiplayer is set to fluidsynth, after which you'll be set to go.

10 minutes ago, Aldaraia said:

A minor tweak in the cfg file is all you need. Since you're using GlBoom, just open up glboom-plus.cfg and search for the entry named 'snd_soundfont' and to the right there should be a quoted sf2 file designated for use, which is probably TimGM6mb.sf2 by default. Change it to "SGM.sf2" and make sure the actual file is in the same folder as PrBoom. You'll also need to ensure your midiplayer is set to fluidsynth, after which you'll be set to go.

Thank you , finally I managed to change the soundfont !