Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

The megawad/mod of your dreams

30 minutes ago, CzechMate29200 said:

Well, there's that one Moon Man mod...

That doesn't count. And I think I'd prefer not to ever play that mod.

I've always wanted a Zandronum Invasion mapset that not only has impeccable and consistent quality, but is also huge in scope (I'm talking in the range of 60-80 maps), has a defined progression of themes and a basic storyline to boot. It has an equally huge amount of new weapons, monsters, items, and textures, but they would be utilised concisely as not to make the project just one haphazard shovelware. It would have a memorable soundtrack, although not necessarily original: it could have original compositions, but I imagine it more as a compilation of music tracks from video games, mostly Nintendo ones.

In other terms, it would be a combination of Alpha/Delta Invasion's gameplay design, Armageddon Invasion's creative approach to themes and music usage and Stronghold's difficulty progression and quality control.

Oh, and BTSX E3. :3

Probably a game when the character turns into a devil and could fly and manipulate the chainsaw as project brutality. Also, would want to see more intense hell ambience with horror combined.

Or well, i would simply want to enjoy a wad where you can only have 3 weapons to your inventory, and start to survive in caves or something similar.

8 hours ago, Bernie said:

The Hell on Earth starter pack by Sgt Mark IV is par-excellence. Give yourself a go at that.

I did play and enjoy it. But the later levels in hell got plain and boring. Well with exception of the blood or sacrificial grounds map. The City levels were awesome.

A WAD in which a city is flooded with blood thanks to the demons, and you have to swim in the blood to find keys, fight monsters, and get to the exit.

On 23.7.2017 at 4:51 AM, Not Jabba said:

More maps in the theme of Ancient Aliens map 24. Or just more megawads like Ancient Aliens and Sunlust in general, with new texture sets and unique settings. Supplice looks like it will do nicely.

@Jimp Argon

Yep. This. MAP24 had a unique, dreamscape-like setting. Iirc Dotw described it so aptly in the dwmc as "made by an advanced culture and now taken over by boorish inhabitants" I could see it alive. This map and the others on the alien world, like acerola orion, would be a fitting template.  Of course with a few custom enemies that blend in with the rest of the cast, and i'd really enjoy having the sg and the Cg beefed up to the point of being good alternatives to the ssg.

Today's 'want' is a kaiju WAD; all the textures are like, skyscrapers and shit and tiny road signs and whatnot and you go around fighting other giant monsters. Walkover triggers and scripting see you 'demolish' any buildings you touch (instant lowering, spawning splosions, etc) and there are countless tiny tanks and helicopters from the PUNY HUMAN army that you swat with your bare hands, muahahahahahaaaah!

am using this thread correctly, yeah? :3

^ The only thing that would make it even better is that the boss battles would be Jeager fights :D

Many of these ideas are great.

I'd want a very atmospheric and open series of maps that are entirely interconnected, with a bunch of cool music and puzzles and what not.

No offense but more than 50% of these ideas are about unspecific awesomeness. Unspecific awesomeness is evil. When you would open Doom Builder, you wouldnt probably know where to start.

I would like to see Psychophobia finished, though last time I checked it had been half a decade since it was last updated... That mod was awesome!

I would also like to see a Doom II styled IWAD where you are a demon fighting angels in heaven. I have no idea whether or not that already exists... Could someone let me know if that already has been made?

2 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

I would like to see Psychophobia finished, though last time I checked it had been half a decade since it was last updated... That mod was awesome!

Agreed. I really loved that mod. It's one of my favorites. I think the thing more frustrating than the radio silence is the MODDB users declaring the mod is "dead" because of said radio silence.

I'm not a fan of MODDB or most of its user base. <_<

It's probably already been done, but I'd like to see an Ancient Greece/Rome or Edo period (picture zombiemen in kimonos wielding katanas) style wad.

Wads based on historical periods are always interesting.  

A steampunk wad would be nice too.

A dark and ominous wad, similar to the style of doom 64. I would play the heck out of that. 

Edited by Jthom

I'd want a massive cyberpunk open-world type mod with a ton of missions and RPG elements. I have some ideas as to how to get the open-world feel in zdoom and I know it's possible to have RPG elements thanks to ProDoomer. But I have no idea how to make missions and side missions work. Basically it's Cyberpunk Morrowind in Doom.

This also counts as a dream wad because I was playing it with 3 of my friends (who aren't into Doom in reality) in a dream I had. It's like Kdizd but for all 32 Doom 2 Maps. It also had monsters and weapons from Complex Doom along with a few more custom monsters, bosses, weapons and power-ups.

I always make practical executions of the wads/mods of my dreams. As for my latest one, it's still uncertain as to when exactly I'll start working on it. You'll see it sooner or later, though.

A mod that has massive, sprawling bases with fully detailed A/C, ventilation, heating, electrical, computer systems, logistics, camoflauge, job schedules, etc. for the player to interact with in order to kill/divert/pacify the enemies before they even know the player is there. And with a Hotline-Miami-style one-shot kill combat style, so it's important to take advantage of the systems.

Edited by NEANDERTHAL

I wish we'd get another megawad like Eternal Doom - something of an overhaul of Doom's look and feel but with lots of epic architecture with level progression that isn't afraid to make bold decisions and maybe throw some puzzle-solving into the mix. Obviously this includes new graphics, new music, maybe some new sounds and who knows what else (possibly monsters/weapons?) I forgot about how Eternal Doom had that little utility that Jim Flynn designed where the sky is affected by your computer's internal clock - such a genius idea. I'd love to see what other things people could come up with that would really change things up once in a while.

I want to play a wad without the save feature, so the levels in it were designed with that gameplay mechanic in mind. You have to battle many enemies, go further and further into the level and than open some shortcut to your spawn location (Dark Souls style). The levels should be huge, like 500 enemies, but non-slaughter style. Its more just that methodical risk-vs-reward exploration with many interconnected routes and series of shortcuts in a really big level. 

It will be cool if all of it had the medieval-gothic style. Kind of like Eternal Doom vibe meets Suspended in Dusk exploration i guess.

A megawad set in realistic areas with a large variety of weapons, each with their own unique niche. However, the player can only carry up to five "weight points"- light guns like pistols are worth one, medium ones like rifles and submachine guns worth two to three, heavies four. Also, the enemies have heavily revamped AI; former humans take cover, strafe, and communicate among their squads as they execute strategies like suppressing and flanking, lesser demons like imps and whatnot crawl on ceilings and ambush the player, and greater demons like hell knights pick up things in the environment- such as explosive barrels and even cars- and fling them at the player.

A western fantasy megawad. Revolvers and breech loaders going hand in hand with magic spells and DnD esque races. The maps would have unique locations only accessible by certain playable races; for instance, a werewolf or other clawed race could scale a cracked wall to reach a secret ammo cache.

A megawad where the player is one of the two former humans at the start of Doom 2. The bullet in your back only hurts, not kills you, and you set on a revenge quest against Doomguy for killing your brother (the other zombieman). You'd travel other areas around the spaceport fighting marines with support from friendly demons, and as you near the end of the megawad you'd start nearing Doomguy traveled areas filled with demon corpses. In the final level you'd fight Doomguy among the burned out remains of the Icon of Sin.

Just now, glenzinho said:

O BTSX 3, BTSX 3, wherefore art thou BTSX 3? 

absolutely agreed, the waiting continues yet I wish for it daily 

I've actually quit playing Doom until the day it is released... there's a hole in my Doom soul that can only be filled by BTSX e3. Another skillsaw megawad could be sufficient I suppose.