Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

The megawad/mod of your dreams

12 hours ago, Jayextee said:

Ask me again in a week day and I'll probably want something else.

A megaWAD with textures and music from the Ghosts 'n' Goblins / Ghouls 'n' Ghosts / Makaimura series, leaving the DOOM bestiary and weapons unchanged.

ive got a few ideas 

hmmm i think a WAD where all the aesthetics are inspired by like West African art and colour designs would be interesting (im half-Ghanaian on my dads side) ive seen people go medieval or Egyptian so why not that,theres a whole bunch of tribes like Yoruba,Gha,Ashanti who have their own designs and aesthetics to take influence from

also and this is weirdly inspired by Euro Truck Simulator 2 of all things a WAD where you can pick and choose what kind of missions you want to take (ive seen people talk about wanting non linear levels 

a WAD as like a real headfuck audio visual kinda thing (inspired by like ASMR,lucid dreams Llamasoft games especially Polybius and Space Giraffe)

and just to please the dork in me a WAD with a heavy regional rap or grime soundtrack seriously theres old instrumentals from people like Waifa(Slew Dem), DJ Marsta, Maniac hell even some of those old Devil mix dubs that Wiley made that i think would sound really cool in a wad

a single map thats basically a siege level where enemies are hoaring in on one space and you have to fend yourself off from them for as long as possible until you reach an exit down below

and last one a WAD as influenced by like i dunno Isaac Babels Red Cavelry which is a collection of short stories or like Frantz Fanon/Battle of Algiers/Spook by the door guriella military kinda thing

Nine Inches idea of adding a scoring system is always good, was replaying Ketsui and i like how that game prods you to get up close with bosses/enemies

9 minutes ago, Heavyasadeathinthefamily said:

Nine Inches idea of adding a scoring system is always good, was replaying Ketsui and i like how that game prods you to get up close with bosses/enemies

Ketsui is a damn good shmup. <3

Dusk Doom ( A total Conversion of that new game that's supposed to come out soon,  complete with enemy sprites/ weapons levels etc) for the GZDoom engine. Make it as accurate as possible. 

Loved Epic 2 because of the setting. Wouldn't mind seeing more Ancient Egypt-style levels complete with demonized versions of Anubis and Set. 

I'd also like to see a cyberpunk megawad with flying cars and everything:

cyberpunk_city_by_artursadlos-dbb7hcs.jp

Artwork by: http://artursadlos.deviantart.com/ 

Edited by Guest

Mod of my dreams: Just D4D/D4T/Argent also working with Heretic and Hexen. Having the Doomslayer punch the shit out of D'Sparil and Korax would make my day. :P

Funny thing is, I have something like this set up :P and it's awesome. I love using the Mobile Turret mode of the Chaingun against the monsters of Hexen (don't have Heretic).

Interestingly, the guns need more damage output than Doom's. Doable. But I'm focused on Doom support right now.

As for megawad of my dreams: a Boom-compatible demake of Doom 2016's campaign, along with the multiplayer maps for DM purposes (or not >:D)

Look at tis:

DOOM INFINITY

A set of levels SO FRICKIN HARD, it would require the effort if ALL DOOMERS in the WORLD to complete it.

Like, a mapset so fricking tough you need to have thousands of real life Doomers to be playing alongside you, kinda like a Berlin rush towards the exit. Plus all players get one chance to play the mapset during the invasion, like, if that Mastermind nest gets you, you are done for and would probably have to wait two days before playing again. So whoever manages to reach the final point of the entire mapset is a hero, like, should be praised, and have his name itched somewhere, like "DoomsyDaisy reached this point first, with only 34% health, 9% armor points, and 22 bullets for his chaingun". This thing is impossible because, well, imagine the specs one needs to run a map with thousands of other players connected and God-Knows-How-Much-More demons out there.

Second concept:

PERSISTENT DOOM

A MMOFPS where a player picks one of six factions or remains independent, and then engages in what can be described as usual Mount & Blade singleplayer campaign. Faction kings, emperors, presidents hold capitals, and can decide who would be their vassal, decide when to start warring, and have to obtain information from other players who would be their lords and advisors.

Logistics would be tough. Faction leaders and lords would have to worry about obtaining ammo and supplies for their troops (other players, and the only bits as well), and to obtain supplies, they need money, and to obtain money they would have to pick up taxes, start up factories, farms and let corporations put a building (led by other players most likely), engage in trading, or just pillage and plunder other player's properties. So you can be a super skilled fighter, but without any resources for the long run, you are done for. The game would end only once a faction or a person or even a corporation owns everything. So we could have UAC conquer the entire world map and bring Hell into play, which could be intrepet as New Game+, as Hell doesn't need resources and are pretty much infinite unless the portals are closed. Or we could have the Freedoom scenario. Point is, having a faction owning everything automatically starts up another game session as something happens, a plague, zombies, rebellion, alien invasion, or in the case of UAC, hell itself.

The fightning aspect of the game is split into three aspects: Battles, Sieges, and Miscellanious. Battles have players and/or bots fightning each other in a last-man-standing scenario. Whoever wins can keep prisoners, gets resources and money, and can celebrate. Sieges are obviously the same, only whoever wins keeps the keep/town/city/fort/village/farm/toilet or whatever. Miscellanious, they include Duels, and Tournament matches, and the ever present Arena mode. Players can hop in any time, but when arenas are devoid of at least 6 players, bots would fill up the spots, so whoever decides to spend some time fightning in the arena won't be lonely. Duels are arranged by players themselves, conditions and all. Tournaments grant the ultimate winner money and resources, along with a prize if the same player wins 10 tournaments in a row.

Basically, tons of feudal politics, warring, honour-hurting, all done with Doom assets, probably expanded in some cases. Also, players can complete dungeons and quests when they first start up, before they start investing and building their armies. A player stripped down from cash can do manual labor, or get himself recruited into another player's army as a footman (at first).

I am going to stop explaining here, I obviously over designed a concept that cannot be easily made. If someone is interested in this, then good. If not, no wonder this never got made before :DDD

I have way too much free time at my hands.

I haven't played a megawad I haven't got sick of before completion. But I suppose the original Doom wads and Going Down holds my interests for longer than most.

My dream Wad would be an amazing BD megawad but nothing has truly stood out to me as of yet.

I posted a status update about this a while ago time to revisit it. Somehow my phone browser can't reach the.

Spoiler

Spinoff partial conversion idea: The earth citizens that fled from the planet in Doom 2 made a settlement in a meteorite 

2. Decades passed, the settlement getting bigger

3. Scientists discovered a virus that can corrupt the human mind and he tested it by injected himself with it.  he injected the government officials with said virus so they too can become corrupted. 

4. A foul mouth, one liner jerk teenage girl noticed the government acting weird by funding the science team a spaceship back to Earth that might still infested with demons. Decide to investigate. 

5. That girl messed up, got sentenced by imprisonment. Got injected just to know that the virus not affecting her, but makes her somehow smarter and stronger. 

666. Girl decides to escape and shit gets worse. 

I'm currently working for a prototype of it. Would take a while for that though. Trying to get the shotgun working. 

Edited by R1ck

1 hour ago, R1ck said:

666. Girl decides to escape and shit gets worse. 

The government sends Doomguy to hunt the girl down, and he is the final boss of the game.

28 minutes ago, TootsyBowl said:

The government sends Doomguy to hunt the girl down, and he is the final boss of the game.

please don't

On 23/07/2017 at 0:54 AM, Jayextee said:

Ask me again in a week on any given day and I'll probably want something else.

ZX Spectrum megaWAD/mod with (somehow) authentic colour clash and approximations of the AY sound chip for the music and effects. But you know, going all apocryphal and having variable geometry height and all the wall angles because I just want the play 32 levels of that aesthetic.

10 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

Ask me again in a week on any given day and I'll probably want something else.

Poor old man can never make up his mind.

Nah, I just want all the things. Now. This scene is such a creative one I'm never really left wanting, except that sometimes (and this is completely on a whim) I'll be all "why does x not exist?" and I'll want it more than anything. For the day.

Just now, Jayextee said:

Nah, I just want all the things. Now. This scene is such a creative one I'm never really left wanting, except that sometimes (and this is completely on a whim) I'll be all "why does x not exist?" and I'll want it more than anything. For the day.

Such is one of the great tragedies of life. You can't have everything.

Also enough with the old jokes.

9 hours ago, Chezza said:

My dream Wad would be an amazing BD megawad but nothing has truly stood out to me as of yet.

The Hell on Earth starter pack by Sgt Mark IV is par-excellence. Give yourself a go at that.

A 32 level megawad completely focused on Japanese architecture and uses its own textures. With cities, temples, forests, space cities, abandoned locations, and the like. Completely based off of real locations, or Japanese fiction. The Japanese Community project does not count.

Also, a Quake inspired megawad, with similar gameplay and architecture.. But I'm making it right now.

Just now, nxGangGirl said:

Also, a Quake inspired megawad, with similar gameplay and architecture.. But I'm making it right now.

Nice! Is this in Boom/limit-removing/vanilla, or are you using ZShenanigans? :-P

Ask me again in a week at any point in time ever and I'll probably want something else.

:P

Just now, nxGangGirl said:

One thing I'd like to see (especially given .png texture support in GL ports) is a megawad using the Quake textures in their original palette; but with the DOOM original bestiary and weapon set. That's a common theme in stuff I'd like to see, not that there aren't some pretty amazing new enemies and weapons out there - but I am so utterly attached to the defaults that seeing those in new and interesting situations basically does it all for me.

7 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Nice! Is this in Boom/limit-removing/vanilla, or are you using ZShenanigans? :-P

I started with limit removing, then I got into using Boom because of the extra stuff after my original levels got wiped. But now I use those "ZShenanigans" because it lets me be more creative in a way, and I find it to be easier for making what I want in this circumstance. I normally use Zdoom as my main source port anyway, so I think we know what side I'm on of this topic now.

@Jayextee That's a good idea. I already have a texture pack I use of recolored vanilla Doom textures I'm using, but using some Quake textures don't sound like a bad idea.

My dream megaWAD starts with small, Scythe-style tyson maps set in Hell (like Resurgence); has exploding monster counts and extreme difficulty in the middle maps, which are also set in hell (like the end of Scythe 2), and ends with brutal, gruesome, cruel and unusual slaughtermaps, also set in hell.

Because Doom maps should be red.

3 minutes ago, nxGangGirl said:

I started with limit removing, then I got into using Boom because of the extra stuff. But now I use those "ZShenanigans" because it lets me be more creative in a way, and I find it to be easier for making what I want in this circumstance. I normally use Zdoom as my main source port anyway, so I think we know what side I'm on of this topic now.

Fair enough. It would be hard to make a Quake-style WAD without ZShenanigans...

randomly generated map on the fly that is better than any human can make (runtime oblige+++++), might as well have some customization too. now if that happens we won't need map editors anymore... or humans...?

1 hour ago, Combinebobnt said:

randomly generated map on the fly that is better than any human can make (runtime oblige+++++), might as well have some customization too. now if that happens we won't need map editors anymore... or humans...?

I highly doubt that will ever happen. Programming can't beat the creativity of the human mind.

If Sunder were 32 maps and didn't have broken switches and linedefs you could walk around I would be very happy.

25 minutes ago, loveless said:

If Sunder were 32 maps and didn't have broken switches and linedefs you could walk around I would be very happy.

+1

Aaaaaaand phmlspd2

On 7/22/2017 at 3:23 PM, Ajora said:

I just wish someone would make a gameplay mod that allows you to play as fast food mascots, such as Ronald McDonald, Colonel Sanders and Wendy. 

Well, there's that one Moon Man mod...