Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Russell_P

'Orange Crush' - A new Wrack map

I'm posting this on these forums because this is slightly doom related in so much as I used to be an active mapper in this community and Wrack itself was overseen by Brad carney who also used to be part of this community.
    This is the first map I've released in 11 years (my last one being a doom map entitled Ogre Labs in 2006). I've been building this map on and off for more time than I care to think about. The wrack steam community seems very quiet and it would be a shame if no one played this considering the time I've spent on it, so I'm posting here in the hope that I may get some takers.

It's only on steam at the moment http://www.steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086544456

If anyone needs a none steam link, I'll try and sort one out later.   EDIT it's on my site at http://www.duellist.net

Anyway, if you have a copy of Wrack give this level a go and let me know what you think. All feedback is welcome :)

Edited by Russell_P : added site link

Great to see someone of your experience making a Wrack map. Definitely going to check it out.

One. Great looking map, and also, it is whipping my ass something proper. Looking forward to beating it someday, I hope. It'll be fun to get back into this game, I'm looking forward to seeing the second half of the map one day. :) Great work.

Two, I miss WrackED; that was a lot of fun to work with, and I wish I'd stuck with it. Great engine, moving from Doom Builder to it and into 3D for the first time was pretty smooth, and the scripting is familiar and easy. I don't think Carnevil got as much credit as he deserved. I loved it.

Overall, great effort. There was a guy that could speedrun and get Tyderium medals on these; would love to see his expertise, because I'm a rank amateur even on the vanilla maps. :D This guy, decino. I was on a lot of acid when Wrack was in development so his avatar always freaked me out. Can't find his other Wrack videos right off hand: 

On 7/23/2017 at 8:18 PM, Johnatone said:

This guy, decino. I was on a lot of acid when Wrack was in development so his avatar always freaked me out. Can't find his other Wrack videos right off hand

A colorful and fast game like Wrack would be mesmerizing on acid. That sounds like you must have had an amazing time. 

5 hours ago, Cupboard said:

A colorful and fast game like Wrack would be mesmerizing on acid. That sounds like you must have had an amazing time. 

Oh yeah, it was a blast. :D Unfortunately I was too much of a drugged out mess at the time for my alpha testing privileges to be of any use in feedback, but I was grateful to watch and learn the engine grow over a year and see it change. I really love that game concept and the engine, and if I had more discipline to learn how to work with the deeper design I'd love to mod for it more.

Also

Mate, I lead a raid group full of people I didn't know (I warned them ahead of time) through their first ever run of the Vault of Glass in Destiny while peaking on some high quality acid. Interestingly enough, I ran it flawlessly without dying while teaching them the mechanics. I absolutely hate that game, it stole so much life and time from me, but Destiny holds a place in my heart for two reasons: That game is just an absolutely gorgeous, beautiful, organic piece of art; you can just flow right through it and melt with the painstaking details of the hand crafted universe, and two, the Vault of Glass. That was the peak of Destiny too IMO.