CzechMate29200

Least Favourite Weapon?

???  

96 members have voted

1. 1. ??????

On 7/23/2017 at 8:54 PM, CzechMate29200 said:

@Pegg Unmaker is from Doom 64

Minigun/Chaingun, it's all the same

Thanks for clarification, there is like a million weapon called unmaker in mods :P.

I will go with the normal Fist, because from all the weapons, I use this the least. Sure, I can go and play the game with it, but I don't feel like it. It is just not satisfying for me to punch demons with it.

But the Berserk Fist is an awesome weapon and seeing enemies explode after being hit is really nice. Plus it does a lot more damage, which makes it a worthy rival of the Chainsaw.

Pistol definitely, at least the fist is cool, the pistol is basically worthless if you have any other weapon.

Chainsaw only because it is the weapon I use the least. Yes, I use the pistol and fist more than the chainsaw. I sometimes like to box things with the normal fist and I only ever use the chainsaw for the obligatory "saw a bunch of pinkies in a corner" scenario. 

Edited by Xyzzy01

I found the fist more useful than the pistol, so...the pistol is my least favorite.

If you're talking about least useful weapon, it's the Fist and Pistol, definitely. However, the title is "least favorite", so the story could be different...

Usually well-designed maps would not force you to use Fist and Pistol, so even though I don't use them, it's not that annoying. Actually Fist could be useful to prevent you from switching weapon when picking up the Berserk pack, so it should be more "useful" than the Pistol. There are two reasons for Chainsaw being my least favorite, one is noisy as heck, the other one is you have to switch through Chainsaw to reach your Berserk Fist. If a map offers me both Berserk and Chainsaw, I mostly would just leave the Chainsaw behind.

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

If you're talking about least useful weapon, it's the Fist and Pistol, definitely. However, the title is "least favorite", so the story could be different...

Usually well-designed maps would not force you to use Fist and Pistol, so even though I don't use them, it's not that annoying. Actually Fist could be useful to prevent you from switching weapon when picking up the Berserk pack, so it should be more "useful" than the Pistol. There are two reasons for Chainsaw being my least favorite, one is noisy as heck, the other one is you have to switch through Chainsaw to reach your Berserk Fist. If a map offers me both Berserk and Chainsaw, I mostly would just leave the Chainsaw behind.

I always use the powered fist instead of the chainsaw. And I use the chainsaw a bit more than the pistol...

Basically: Powered fist>chainsaw>pistol.

Definitely Pistol. It's inaccurate, fires slow, and as soon as you pick up something else, it basically becomes useless except in tight ammo maps (If you're using a shotgun and don't kill an imp for example, I'll tap it with the Pistol to finish it off rather than waste another shotgun shell)

The normal fist is rather useless too.

The Chainsaw is a nice ammo saving weapon on baddies like Pinkies, Cacos, Pain Elementals, and even Arachnotrons... (Trust me, the wide hitbox can block other stuff while you're sawing it apart in a pinch) as the Chainsaw is pretty much the Chaingun, but with a melee range.

Also is it just me? Because I mostly use the Chaingun for tap-fire sniping rather thatn the intended use for sniping at enemies from a distance... (God bless the 100% accuracy of Chaingun bullets, at least the first two, so you can tap-fire for damage and accuracy)

Just now, leodoom85 said:

I always use the powered fist instead of the chainsaw. And I use the chainsaw a bit more than the pistol...

Basically: Powered fist>chainsaw>pistol.

Yeah, usually you would only want to use Berserk Fist among these 3, or including normal Fist. However, the beginning of the map sometimes forces you to use Pistol, so the frequencies of Chainsaw and Pistol would be different depending how you think about the subject. I don't really have a map in memory forcing you to use Chainsaw.

1 minute ago, Traysandor said:

Also is it just me? Because I mostly use the Chaingun for tap-fire sniping rather than the intended use for sniping at enemies from a distance... (God bless the 100% accuracy of Chaingun bullets, at least the first two, so you can tap-fire for damage and accuracy)

Fixed the "thatn" for ya ;P

TBH, I think most of the players does this because Chaingun usually is not that effective and efficient, Unless the map doesn't give you enough ammo to force you into Chaingun. I don't know what's definition of "mostly", if it's 99%, probably that's not me.

Imagine doing a map which enforces you to use the chainsaw for the rest of the map...use pinkys, cacos, imps and revenants... 

4 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Imagine doing a map which enforces you to use the chainsaw for the rest of the map...use pinkys, cacos, imps and revenants... 

Sounds fun.... (Not really)

Back in the day I used to carry the SSG with me everywhere in Classic Doom, as it was a great all-around weapon for dealing with threats both big and small. These days I more mix and match than anything depending on what the situation needs more of.

1 minute ago, Traysandor said:

Sounds fun.... (Not really)

Back in the day I used to carry the SSG with me everywhere in Classic Doom, as it was a great all-around weapon for dealing with threats both big and small. These days I more mix and match than anything depending on what the situation needs more of.

Like ammo management, monsters in front of you and such...

Plasma rifle, makes a relatively annoying sound, the plasma gets clipped on basically everything, fills up your view when using close quarters, has a 'cool down' phase that makes you feel the need to use just that bit more ammo than is required, and ammo generally is scarce.  Powerful though

Uhh, the fist. Even the pistol is good for distant switches, the unpowered fist is in very very tiny situations, a life saver. But still I don't use it until a berserk comes to my hands.

My choice is the unmaker because I simply don't know it, but I've read is pretty powerful. 

The unmaker (d64) is an interesting one.  In my opinion it's at its strongest after just 1 demon artifact because it's rate of fire speeds up while still using one shot, making it quite a good all round weapon.  After 2 or 3 artefacts are collected, the weapon fires 2 or 3 lasers respectively, meaning it chews through ammo like nobody's business and is more powerful than needed, and especially after the third artifact, due to the spread of the lasers, 9 times out of 10 you miss with one of the lasers unless you are sat in the monsters lap

Fist is bad (along with berserk fist) with vanilla/compat emulation settings because the fist can't even hit fat enemies. Otherwise berserk fist is okay, but the fist will always suck.

4 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

I actually made one a while back when I was a noob.

Pistol. Utterly useless and forgettable.

They should have made it a slow firing high damage dealing magnum type of gun, very good for single target damage but whack for handling mobs.  At least with the fist you can bezerk up and gib some poor fools.

3 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

I actually made one a while back when I was a noob.

Really? I bet that was one of your first maps.... :)

The BFG 9000. I know how to use it properly, it's just not fun or satisfying to use to me.

On the other hand, I think the pistol is too underrated :(