Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ol' Scratch

Vertical Autoallign in Doom Builder?

Is it possible to set Autoalign to also vertically match textures in Doom Builder? I can't find anything like that in the settings menu. I'm sorry if this has been asked already, I searched the forums for a while and didn't find this question.

Well, what exactly is it that you're trying to accomplish?

Horizontal autoalign works because the surfaces directly connect. Vertically, there's no more than one possible surface, so there's nothing to even attempt autoaligning on.

Specifically, the issue I have is that I have some curved one-sided walls, all with the same texture, and I've "skyhacked" them all to have gradient ceiling heights. When I auto-align, it matches the textures horizontally, but I still wind up with the textures vertically misaligned, and it's a lot of toil to align by hand, particularly for outdoors textures (I usually have to change all the textures to something like MARBLE2, align vertically, then change back). When the floors are all the same I can get around this by lower-unpegging the linedefs, but in this case the floors are also all at different heights. Here's a screenshot:

skyhack.gif.acd9cfed48b0c57ae8a0b552308fb52a.gif

Oh, I see what you mean now. I don't think there is currently a way to do this in GZDoom Builder, unfortunately.

47 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Not even Shift+A for aligning vertically?

YES! This changes everything! If only I'd known about this a year ago...

3 minutes ago, Ol' Scratch said:

YES! This changes everything! If only I'd known about this a year ago...

Problem solved :D