Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nems

Prequels and sequels to Doom IWADs

This is something I've been thinking on for a while. Technically any PWAD and some IWADs could me considered a prequel or a sequel to one of the main IWADs out there (your mileage may vary based on personal interpretation). However, I'm curious to see what IWADs and PWADs that you think could count as being an (un)official prequel or sequel to one of the four main IWADs (Ultimate Doom, Doom II, TNT, and Plutonia).

My personal list goes like this (though I'm always looking to expand beyond what I have at the moment):

• Ultimate Doom - The Lost Episodes of Doom (IWAD, prequel to Ultimate Doom)
  • Doom II - The Master Levels of Doom II (IWAD, sequel to Thy Flesh Consumed, prequel to Doom II), Consumed Earth (PWAD, sequel/continuation of Doom II), No Rest for the Living (IWAD, another sequel/continuation), Perdition's Gate (IWAD, sequel), Hell to Pay (IWAD, sequel to both Doom II and Perdition's Gate), Doom 64 (IWAD or PWAD depending on if you're playing the original, TC, port, recreation, etc., sequel to Doom II and/or pretty much anything else after Doom II).
  • TNT: Evilution - TNT: Revilution (PWAD, sequel)
  • The Plutonia Experiment - Plutonia Revisited (PWAD, sequel), Plutonia 2 (PWAD, sequel to both Plutonia and Plutonia Revisited [even though I know Plutonia 2 came out first])

While I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this, I'm curious to see discussions to the contrary if someone feels like bringing that up. :P Otherwise, I look forward to seeing what IWAD's and PWADs you would consider as being prequels or sequels to one of the main four IWAD's in Classic Doom. :D

Edited by Nems : I forgot to mention Doom 64. I'm such a heathen. D:

2 hours ago, Nems said:

The Plutonia Experiment - Plutonia Revisited (PWAD, sequel), Plutonia 2 (PWAD, sequel to both Plutonia and Plutonia Revisited [even though I know Plutonia 2 came out first])

you're forgetting one  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)