Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

My gallery has been updated...once again

Not with one drawing but with TWO! Yes you heard me right, I said "two".

The first one is an old drawing I made years ago (that explains why it's not on par with the rest of my drawings :-P). But it got scanned yesterday alongside the one I just finished.

The other one is reaction to a drawing by Koolkat (too lazy to link to it now, but you can find it in the fan art index) - I thought I could do a tougher looking female marine and then I made this drawing. So, does she look tougher? You'll be the judge.

The first pic just looks like a pencil rendition of the Doom intropic. Faithfully and skillfully done, but not that interesting.

That marine girl is not ugly. I like that pic. I think most female fps characters look like swimsuit models, so it's nice to see one who seems to be built more to take a lot of damage without flinching than looking well in miniskirts.

About her hair (or lack of): If you usually worked amidst a rain of imp fireballs I guess you would appreciate a close cropped hairdo too.

Little Faith said:

About her hair (or lack of): If you usually worked amidst a rain of imp fireballs I guess you would appreciate a close cropped hairdo too.

She's an army girl - she's supposed to have a military shave. Ever seen GI Jane?

Her face may only be ugly because of the shading. Admittedly, I could've made her eyes bigger (but that would make her look cuter and I would NOT accept that).
Then there's the scar (unfortunately, it didn't end up looking convincingly like a scar, but that was what I tried), which I put in place to make sure she looked badass.

Ewwp, Mariah Carry boobs! Poor things must get knocked around whenever she raises her arm. Her shadow looks a little wierd, but the shading is great. That's about all I can say, the rest would involve how to make the chick hotter, but that's not important. =P

EDIT: Well, one of her knee cap protection thingies is bigger than the other while the perspective should make it a tad smaller or just about the same size. Actually looking at it again, I don't know, I get confused when I compare how close her foot is to that wall to the positiong she's standing in. Meh, you drew it, so you'd know. Regardless, good job.

Shadows get deformed y'know ;-)
As for the knee cap, yep, you're right - the damn thing is to small, and what kills me about it is that I noticed that myself at one point during the drawing process, but forgot to change it >:-[

dsm said:

Shadows get deformed y'know ;-)

They usually don't get deformed in that manner though. DevArt isn't loading for me, so I'll have to answere according to my memory. I recall seeing the that the head of the shadow was lower than the actual girls head. Meaning the light source was comming from above her head, like the cieling maybe. I also think that the shadow was actually closer than the girl so it's not a perspective issue. If that's the case than I think that the shadows knees shouldn't have been on the wall but on the floor. But, honestly I'd actually have to look at it again to make sure that's where they actually were.

Hmm, or another thing that could be the problem is that I criticize drawings too much =P

orion said:

Hmm, or another thing that could be the problem is that I criticize drawings too much =P

I couldn't agree more on that - don't get me wrong, constructive criticism is always good, but I have yet to see you do a better piece of work than what I have done so far.

dsm said:

I couldn't agree more on that - don't get me wrong, constructive criticism is always good, but I have yet to see you do a better piece of work than what I have done so far.

I don't have a scanner so I can't bless and forever blind you with my kickin' art, and as for my cg art, it's like meh, but suits my web design needs.

hey sweet pic, reminds me of segourney weaver in aliens3 when she did the whole short hair deal. shes gotta be built... or seriously what the hell would she be doin there? and if u look at weaver, ur pics in a helluva lot better purportion then shes ever been in real life...LOL.. awesome

As am I, actually . . .

And I unfortunately couldn't reeally tell if the second image was a male or female until I looked a little farther down. ;) But I suppose being in such situations would do that to people, heh. In any event, I can't gripe much, as my "artistic" ability is far below par.

But I can gripe about stories! Or I like to think I can . . .

In any event, nice work with the female; pretty realistic, if eerily realistc. ;)

Heh, that marine chick looks fugly like Ripley in Alien 3. What's that between her breasts, by the way?

the first effect: very detailed picture, with a good pencil skills. It seems that you spend lots of time under that one. The attention to the environment is nearly the same as to the figure.

the critic: the pespective and shadows are a bit out of reality. Everything seems 3d, but some objects seems to have more lighting sources, then its nessesary...
Some background parts are not so clear - what is that between floor and the door?
Her haircur reminds me mine, and thats not good couse i cut my hairs myself, heh. Besides the female's hairs are more densetive (is that a right word?)...
You could draw her face not so detailed, a bit simple i guess...
Well, its just imwo...

the final look: its a well done, hardworked piece of Doom Art. And thats a good one. Keep it up.

Somebody just bumped an age-old thread.

Damn deviantart and all its fucking complicated categories, damn it to Hell!

The stuff between the ugly gal's tits is some sort of life support thingy - don't ask for specfics.
And yes, this drawing is fubared.

I'll repost my whole gallery next time I scan some drawings, so all loose ends should be tied up by then.

dsm said:

And yes, this drawing is fubared...

Hei man its not that extreem!!!

BTW, i reposted all mine becouse of those sily categories! Thats a real mess at deviantart...