Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Tezzi Principle: new map for my next episode

Awesome map. Creative and memorable geometry/layout, challenging and interesting enemy placement, and surprising but fair ambushes.

The only specific criticism I have is that the entrance to the room with the rocket launcher may blend in a little too much. I found it very late into the map which caused some severe ammo shortages. I would recommend making it stand out a bit more or placing another rocket launcher somewhere.

Otherwise I had a very enjoyable time. Looking forward to more.

10 minutes ago, Plusw said:

Awesome map. Creative and memorable geometry/layout, challenging and interesting enemy placement, and surprising but fair ambushes.

The only specific criticism I have is that the entrance to the room with the rocket launcher may blend in a little too much. I found it very late into the map which caused some severe ammo shortages. I would recommend making it stand out a bit more or placing another rocket launcher somewhere.

Otherwise I had a very enjoyable time. Looking forward to more.

Thanks for the advice, that room is very early in the map and yes, without the rocket launcher you'll step into serious problems, I'll see what can I do to make the access more visible.

I really enjoy your maps. More maps from you is always a treat. <3

I almost beat the map without the RL in an FDA, which was quite fun, full of tense moments since I had basically no ammo, but the map is broken in prBoom+ thanks to the key doors in the subway being too close to one another. The door-open trigger at the back of the door, which is superfluous (the door only needs one such trigger to open after all), blocks the door behind it from being opened. Triggers with classical behavior will block use actions close behind them until they are deactivated, and in this case the trigger can't be because the door is already open.

Thanks to everyone, I've updated the file, the rocket launcher room is more marked, the key doors now can be opened in every port and added some barrels too.

"The door-open trigger at the back of the door, which is superfluous" Lol I know, I'm kinda capricious sometimes, I make doors openable from every side like there will be someone behind that door as the map was in the real world.

Anyways I always place one deathmatch start at the exit so those triggers will be needed.