Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Podcast Throwdown: Doom Radio vs. 40oz

It used to be standard for tournaments to have a pool of 5 maps, and each player eliminate 1 map. Then one person picks one, the other picks the second, and tiebreaker is mutually agreed upon. Trust me, you won't want to play 1 map for 40 frags for potentially 3 rounds. ESPECIALLY that one.

I like this idea. I was made aware of it but didn't want to abruptly change the rules after setting them in the OP. If 40oz is okay with this, I'll punch up a pool as soon as I've decided which maps he will have absolutely no chance of winning.

EDIT: Update, I have been advised that the pool will comprise 2 picks each plus a neutral selection (from a neutral person :)) as per the tournament standard.

Edited by Alfonzo

For reference, usual maps played for OS tournaments are the following

Dwango5 Map01

Dwango5 Map07

SSL2

Judas23_

The 5th map seemed to be a toss up between one of the following

King1

Doom2 map01

Pobla8

Moo2D

That being said, by all means pick newer maps, new maps are good and breaking convention is good too. the tie-breaker map though should be at the very least be one of those.

Oh man, shits getting real, you better start pumping iron nerding out in some duel servers, 40. If you need someone to practice with you know where to find me!

uhhh I dont think so!

Youre gonna act all impatient waiting for an answer then when i pick the map go "oh no fawty might actually win this one that's not fair!"

Just cause I said yes, that's not a bargaining chip to start shifting the rules around, bitch.

this isn't a tournament, this is a street fight.

kid_duel MAP01 40 frags, best of 3.

Woah, there's no need to be haughty, forty! It was a recommendation at the request of our mutual audience. But hey, I did say it was your call.

3 potential rounds on kid_duel? you have got to be joking me

SNORE boring, viewership plunges after round 1

Ugh, all this thrash-talking on page 2 makes it look like one of those cringy movies for teenages, you know, when whole lot of people are pushing this guy to fight the other guy, ughh...

Yall should have armies and shit.

Fuck lets make it a battle, like 20 vs 20 people or something. Duels are only for 18th century "nobles" and rich people :P

1 minute ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Ugh, all this thrash-talking on page 2 makes it look like one of those cringy movies for teenages, you know, when whole lot of people are pushing this guy to fight the other guy, ughh...

Yall should have armies and shit.

Fuck lets make it a battle, like 20 vs 20 people or something. Duels are only for 18th century "nobles" and rich people :P

This is possibly the stupidest post in the entire thread good job you really contributed to the cringe

40, it would really be best to not do all three rounds on kid_duel. It is too slow of a map for 3 duels to 40 kills to be remotely interesting the whole way through and will result in less viewings. I'd highly suggest picking out more for the other rounds.

My favorite part is how most of the trash talk and antagonizing is coming from professional spectators who couldn't duel out of a paper bag.

That should be your favourite part, Rustking, because the future is paper bags. Cede all ground to the inferior new order. Nurture them. Watch them rustle and grow.

I've got this one in the bag.

that map is basically d6m1 reincarnated for modern times, good thing I set 3 hours aside to watch this battle

I will be collecting bets on paypal, and mixing specialty cocktails at the bar. The WXR cocktail is like a long island iced tea, but it's 40oz.

come on alfonzo,
I know you know
you're still my bro
but I already won this battle
ages ago

look at you

there's so few
in your doom radio crew
i get more views in one show
than you do for twenty two

what to do?
get packin
your skills are lackin

your radio is slackin
think your talk is smackin
you couldn't hit me
if you had tentacles like krakken

attackin

on my rep, like you're one to talk
you're a smudge on the blackboard
after erasing the chalk
(dissappeared!)

am I done here? almost!
I got the posts and the roasts
now you're burnt toast

if you were a better host
your audience wouldn't be ghost

face the facts
ya gonna get the axe
cause if fans were money
i'd be layin on fat stacks
after tax

you're in my trap
time to tap

I'm makin the maps
makin the raps
takin the naps
I'll still win
cause your game is crap
OH SNAP

practicin all day
you're old school
your coach is a tool
you couldn't win this duel
with I-D-K-F-A

just say

40oz is king
and ill lessen the sting
of crushing you
with horrible ping
thats the thing

when you got nothing to bring
I can wreck you in

A

NY

THING

(mic drop)

Damn, if 40 spent as much time actually playing doom as he did writing these raps he might actually stand a chance to win. When are these going up on your youtube channel anyway

15 minutes ago, Decay said:

Damn, if 40 spent as much time actually playing doom as he did writing these raps he might actually stand a chance to win.

So you are saying he only needs to practice 30 minutes to win?

#praise40oz

On 8/1/2017 at 10:47 AM, Battle_Kirby said:

Duels are only for 18th century "nobles" and rich people :P

Well 40 and Alfonzo are the bourgeoisie of DoomWorld (Doomgeoisie?). I mean, they literally control the means of (podcast) production.