Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Battle_Korbi

Wads to play while waiting for soup to cool down.

Or any kind of hot liquid these days, that is.

What (mega)wads you can recommend that are short and simple, yet fun? Not neccesarily pocket-sized maps. Not too much complex nor puzzley either.

To consider how much simple, consider maps so simple that even after you finish them, you won't forget about the soup/tea/coffee/any beverage you left somewhere to cool down.

So?

I guess, TVR! will fit here. Levels aren't hard, don't have long puzzles and maps are quite small. 

googol.wad

I recommend watching speedrun demos instead of playing WADs though.

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Italo Doom

also:

Frog.wad

I've heard good things about Italo Doom... might as well download both.

I'm getting to the point where I just download anything you recommend -- I like your style! ;-) Finding time to play them is another matter. :-\

1 hour ago, 42PercentHealth said:

I'm getting to the point where I just download anything you recommend -- I like your style! ;-)

If that's the case, here's one for you specifically: Tarakannik 3 (ZDoom required)

Just now, 42PercentHealth said:

Ah, ribbiks. I did not like Stardate 20X6....

HERESY!

Ribbiks's maps are awesome. SunLust, Stardate, crumpets, Italo doom and frog are all good in their own right. His maps tend to be a bit more unforgiving though. ;-)

18 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

HERESY!

Ribbiks's maps are awesome. SunLust, Stardate, crumpets, Italo doom and frog are all good in their own right. His maps tend to be a bit more unforgiving though. ;-)

Some maps of Ribbiks are awesome , I loved Sunlust. But some maps are ridiculously hard so that the main thing you need is luck. I don't like Ribbiks' speedmaps because of lack of exploration and frustrating experimental traps which need a lot of tries before managing to survive.

17 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

HERESY!

I was getting tired of this:

• Enter room, with a key, switch, or weapon conspicuously placed in the center
  • Watch bars lower, locking me into said room
  • Save the game
  • Do the thing which the game indicates I should do, releasing a cleverly devised ambush
  • Die in said ambush 5-digit number of times
  • Finally escape with 11 HP
  • Get rewarded with a stimpack
  • Repeat

Probably shoulda just lowered the difficulty. :-P One thing I can say -- he has mastered the art of making a small number of monsters as dangerous as possible. Some of the encounters don't really achieve slaughter proportions, but they can still be just as hard.

not sure how my maps got roped into this thread. don't play any of my stuff @Battle_Kirby it's not what you're looking for. As far as enjoyable "fast food" doom maps go, why not try something like coffee break (aptly named) or the rebirth?