Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AdirBlaz

How can I set up a dropbox URL for Zandronum public play?

I've been wanting to set up a little mod called GMOTA for public coop play on Zandro, just to fool around with the ol' arcadey swordfighting and GnG style subweaponry. Though I'm not sure how to get a direct URL to the file from Dropbox. I've tried to copy the link address from "Direct Download" from the .pk3's download dropdown. But all I get is a link right back to the exact page.

Is there any way to get an actual direct link, or will this work with Zandronum as-is? I'm not sure if it works or not...

Unless you have a paid dropbox account, you cannot make public hotlinks to files (don't get confused with direct links, they are not hotlinks as they still need to load a page, even if to just automatically start an actual download). Automated download tools need hotlinked files to work properly.

8 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

At the end of the link, change ?dl=0 to ?dl=1

13 hours ago, Edward850 said:

(don't get confused with direct links, they are not hotlinks as they still need to load a page, even if to just automatically start an actual download)

Weird, something must have changed sometime back, because it never used to work. Interesting to know.