Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

iPhone or Android?

ITS THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN!!!  

37 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Android...nuf said

though I would prefer iOS if it just had external storage support, and  you are able to download stuff from your web browser.

And Windows, is pure shit. i had a Windows Phone, but I hate it, Windows 10 for PC and Phone really sucks in my opinion. It would always crash, freeze, bug out, or do whatever kind of shit it would do....I seriously got so pissed off at it that I threw it at a wall or something, multiple times

Edited by CzechMate29200

I will go with Android, because that is what I learned to use the past few years and I am happy with it as an OS.

Also, I can do stuff like rooting and changing my OS in my Android phone.

Additionally, transferring files and especially music to the phone is easier to me with Android and quite faster, compared to iPhone with all that iTunes crap (I know because my sister has an iPhone).

And everything with the Apple logo on it is completely overpriced nowadays. Why get an iPhone, when I can get a faster Nexus or a PC coupled with a cheaper mobile?

(I am a sworn anti-Apple guy if you couldn't get it, but they do very few things to win me as a consumer, so I don't care about them, even with their rich history of products.)

Finally, a friend of mine has a Windows phone and we treat it as a curse. It is very random as a phone and if someone had stolen it, he would probably have regretted doing so.

2 minutes ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

And everything with the Apple logo on it is completely overpriced nowadays. Why get an iPhone, when I can get a faster Nexus or a PC coupled with a cheaper mobile?

You're a good man...

Believe it or not, there are pros and cons between Android and iOS.

iOS has been reliable for me for all the trivial stuff, but it's way too restrictive. And I hear jailbreaking recent versions (6.0+ IIRC) doesn't very satisfying results. I had an iPhone 3GS with 4.3 and boy, was jailbreaking a huge upgrade. File manager, command line terminal, Asteroids, emulators etc. Even had ImageMagick installed. BTW, second hand phone, because fuck it. Plus, it never slows down. It's optimised with the hardware.

Android is the mother load of freedom. It's also the most insecure because of its freedom. In the wrong hands, it can be a lethal weapon, and yet make you likely to be fatally attacked eg viruses. It's got almost all the stuff you have in a PC in portable versions, such as D-Touch ;) Sadly, Android phones tend to be overbloated with stupid apps and "features", and basically it feels like you're playing a videogame at 15 fps (IDK, all Android phones become I like this for me. Maybe they can't handle the stuff I do on it :D). At least it's cheap.

TL;DR Android for practicality for cheap and iOS for your social status at an expensive price.

I can't really vote on the poll. They're both alright, albeit for different purposes.

this post was written on an iPhone 5. So what? Like I give a fuck.

Apple devices are cheaper once you take into account product lifespan and the secondhand market sorry

Well, after reading this, probably my new phone will be another Android then. I'm still using my sucky S4.

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

Apple devices are cheaper once you take into account product lifespan and the secondhand market sorry

Huh, never thought about that before...

7 hours ago, CzechMate29200 said:

And Windows, is pure shit. i had a Windows Phone, but I hate it

Well, Microsoft discontinued Windows Phone, you don't have to worry about it any longer =p

6 hours ago, Voros said:

Plus, it never slows down. It's optimised with the hardware.

I wonder why so many people complain about iOS updates making their phones dogslow then...

2 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

Android, specifically a phone with AOKP on it.

Easily one of the best available roms out there. I have an AOKP Nightly 4.4.4 build on mine and it has rarely shown any problems. 

23 minutes ago, chungy said:

Well, Microsoft discontinued Windows Phone, you don't have to worry about it any longer =p

Really? When? I'm glad they did. I think it would have done better if they had Software testers over the age of 5 ;P

The only thing preventing me from buying the iPhone is that I don't know if the battery is formidable. Is it? Does it last long enough (more than a day) if you don't use it actively? For reference I have a 3000mAh Huawei P9 Lite and the battery is awesome for lasting me through a day of travelling (it does not last a day of continuous Google Maps car navigation though…).

Otherwise I like iOS because it looks more professional. Android phones tend to be loaded with useless, poorly thought-out stuff you want to disable. iOS looks best on iPads, making them great for reading and web browsing.

Symbian.

If you're stupid enough to buy a phone that runs Guugle/Aple's anal espionage mind control interface, then I feel sorry for you.

the best option is not to have a phone at all, though

I wonder why so many people complain about iOS updates making their phones dogslow then...

Yeah, Apple is losing its mojo. I don't even bother updating. iOS 8.3 here :D

Otherwise I like iOS because it looks more professional. Android phones tend to be loaded with useless, poorly thought-out stuff you want to disable. iOS looks best on iPads, making them great for reading and web browsing.

+1

The only thing preventing me from buying the iPhone is that I don't know if the battery is formidable. Is it? Does it last long enough (more than a day) if you don't use it actively?

I'd say the battery is formidable enough. You'll have 25 hours of standby time, I assume, and 4-6 hours of continuous activities. But really it depends on what you run.

I read an article a few months back comparing Android and iOS phones. The writer wrote that even though the iPhone has a smaller battery compared other Android phones, it lasts longer. This probably means it's optimised for the hardware and software. Ofc, not all Android phones are the same, but they certainly tend to be unoptimised.

Android; however, I go farther than the operating system in my consideration. I'm actually using a Galaxy Note 4 I bought last year. The battery can be replaced (which is the problem with new Androids and Mac in general: fixed batteries go to shit; my battery will also go to shit, but pop the case off, replace the battery and done) and the upgradable storage are the two biggest reasons. Plus I love the hell out of my built in stylus. I have used the Apple pen on a iPad pro my friend got, and it really is a slick piece of hardware, and that is something I might consider getting cheaper second hand down the line when I have some extra cash, but to me the Note 4 was perfect and they should have improved upon that. (I mean, by market trends technically they did, but making the batteries fixed and the storage a set amount isn't an improvement to me, nor is turning them into combustion devices.)

9 hours ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

Easily one of the best available roms out there. I have an AOKP Nightly 4.4.4 build on mine and it has rarely shown any problems. 

I don't know the exact build, but I have a Marshmallow AOKP nightly on mine.  It's a Nexus 6, and this has easily been the second best phone I've ever owned.

I would probably vote for neither, since they're all essentially shit. However, if I'd had to pick one I would go for Android, no doubt in my mind.

How Apple can still manage to sell their overpriced crap is absolutely unbelievable to me. They reached a stage where most people don't even care anymore about what's on the inside of their Apple devices, as long as it looks "pretty" on the outside.

Windows Phone is basically just Windows 10 stuck on a small device, so that speaks for itself. Windows 10 in itself is basically Microsoft's attempt to attract Apple hipsters to their OS, so I don't think I need to go in depth as to why this is shit.

I have plenty of things to complain about in regards to Android, but all things considered it's definitely the lesser of all evils.

7 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

I don't know the exact build, but I have a Marshmallow AOKP nightly on mine.  It's a Nexus 6, and this has easily been the second best phone I've ever owned.

Nexus phones are always the best B-) A nexus 6 is pretty huge though...

I hate huge phones. Why can't more phones have the size similar to an iPhone 5?

Oh BTW, I mentioned in a status update how we got a new Android phone because the old one was broken-ish. The old one had choppyness/not-fluid-movement. The new one has already begun to show signs of "lag". I fucking hate all these unoptimised crap.

Unfortunately, this iPhone from 2015 still runs smoothly no matter what I do with it. Wasted potential.

2 minutes ago, Voros said:

I hate huge phones. Why can't more phones have the size similar to an iPhone 5?

Do you know how long it took to quote what you just said? I cant stand the tiny little iPhones...(that's my current phone right now)

Do you know how long it took to quote what you just said?

Seconds.

I can't stand those huge phones. Who needs such a big ass screen on a phone? If I want big screens, I'll look into widescreen HD TVs.

Have android. Think I would prefer ios. 

D-Touch on a Galaxy S or other similarly priced android (to Apple) is great for D-touch and with a wireless controller it's very smooth. On a cheap shitty, or old (not boss) Android it is not very smooth at all. Still pleasurable though.

Addendum: I like the build quality of Apple. They make great products. I had one iPod that worked for 10 years. It probably just needs a new battery.

Speaking of D-Touch, the other phone we had handled D-Touch like a dream. I didn't even need a gamepad. The screen and my fingers worked together, and thus there was no delay of any sort or any stupid stuff from happening (random turning for example). I laid waste to the demons on UV with little to no problems at all.

The new one though is terrible. There's like a nearly one second delay before the player moves, and it's hard to control then before. Stupid stuff happens if you're not careful. Resorted to skill 1 because this is freaking ridiculous. Did I mention it's become choppy already?

I do not buy stuff where the manufacturer wants to tell me what I can and what I cannot do with the device I legally bought. So, no Apple here.

And with Tim Cook (a.k.a. Beancounter) at the helm they surely have lost in terms of build quality.

I'm very satisfied with my 150€ Android, and that's cheap enough that resale value never becomes an issue - that thing cost less than I would lose if I sold an older iPhone second hand.

I have terrible luck with Android phones. Every one I had went to shit within 6 months. Every iPhone I've had lasted me at least 2 years. So yeah, I swear by iPhone just for the reliability. I also like being able to pick up my phone and just do shit, not having to worry about modifications, APKs, etc. iPhone is so quick and easy to use, which is what I want in a mobile phone. I have my PC if I want complex shit. 

13 hours ago, CzechMate29200 said:

A nexus 6 is pretty huge though...

Nexus 6 is the perfect size for me. It is my phone :P