Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zal Xavier

SPECIAL WEAPON DOORS

I'm starting a new project using Doom Builder 2. The idea is to open doors using specific weapons or mecanics asociated to some weapons. Is there any script or something that could help me? Something like, IDK, using only shotgun shells will open this door, or if player has selected the Super Shotgun, the door will open when fired.

Hope someone has the answer, thanks.

NOTE: Just in case I wasn't clear before, I'm trying to do something similar to the "Door mechanics" from the Metroid Prime series.

4 minutes ago, Zal Xavier said:

or if player has selected the Super Shotgun, the door will open when fired.

Make the door execute an ACS script that would conditionally branch upon calling CheckWeapon.

1 minute ago, scifista42 said:

Make the door execute an ACS script that would conditionally branch upon calling CheckWeapon.

A little warning: CheckWeapon checks the currently active weapon.

If you were to fire a rocket and change weapons before the rocket hit, it wouldn't register, I think.

If that is a problem, you might be able to get around that by using some DECORATE actors that check if they're taking explosive damage and then fire an ACS script, or overwrite the plasma / BFG to deal poison / fire damage, so you can check for these.