Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

old crap

That website looks pretty good. The screenshots help in that respect.

MAP06 : The platform which contains 3 revenants, the switch don't work. And after taking the megasphere, i'm stuck in the area :/

It's a strange wad, with keys in secrets. You already enjoyed making experimental maps at that time :P

11 minutes ago, franckFRAG said:

MAP06 : The platform which contains 3 revenants, the switch don't work. And after taking the megasphere, i'm stuck in the area :/

Oh yeah. you can get stuck up there. There's a tiny switch just to the west of below the switch that does nothing. I have no idea why they're both textured that way :D visual explanation

There might be other places to get stuck and etc, I didn't bug test any of them (where's the fun in that?).

5 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Somehow, this gives me hope that one day or year I'll be good mapper too, if I don't stop right now. 

what if I told you

you already are?

7 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Hey I did a casual max movie for this in 23:47.

nice. sorry about how obnoxious that shoot switch in m04 is :). on a side note, pistol starting 04 is pure shenanigans. theoretically possible though I think. 

On 7/30/2017 at 3:26 PM, Ribbiks said:

The originals didn't have any custom assets (I didn't know how to add them at the time, were there even any tools on mac circa late 90s - early 2000s to do so?)

Indeed there was. We used Deimos 0.41b back in '96 to add the custom graphics in Realm of Chaos. I used it for years afterword exclusively to change sky textures. Could it change music as well? I have no idea. Edit: Yes, it could.

I often used Doominator 2.0 to apply DeHackEd patches. The guy who applied a lot of custom graphics was Laz Rojas with all his WolfenDoom stuff, especially in big projects like Operation Arctic Wolf which has a ton of custom assets. All he used was Deimos and DeMackEd, the latter of which created DeHackEd patches for the Mac. It's a similar story with the Batman Doom crew, though they used Doominator instead of DeMackEd.

Here's an old Laz Rojas page with a list of, literally, all the old MacDoom utilities. Links dead;

https://www.doomworld.com/wolfendoom/mactools_2.html

Edited by Steve D