Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zandor

Looking for a skybox

About to make a level of a ship orbiting Mars, and I need a skybox of space, with stars, and Mars somewhat close by. Any ideas on where I could find that Maybe someone has already made one or do I need to make one? Also, how do I bring that into GZDoom Builder?

13 hours ago, Zandor said:

....space, with stars, and Mars ..... Any ideas on where I could find that Maybe someone has already made one or do I need to make one? Also, how do I bring that into GZDoom Builder?

Knee Deep in ZDooM had a sky with space, stars, and Mars.

Also, some people use the words "skies" and "skybox" interchangeably. Do you mean skies in the format we see in the DooM/2 IWADs? Or do you mean a true "box", i.e., a cube, such as is supported in source ports such as GZDooM?

If you want a sky similar to that used in DooM/2, then you'll need to insert the graphic into your wad (or pk3 or other game file) using a utility such as SLADE. In other words, you can't incorporate it into your game simply with GZDooM Builder.

If you want a "true" skybox, you'll need to use SLADE to insert the graphics into your game file, and to also create a GLDEFS lump to define your skybox.