Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Ghoul School 3D (For Heretic)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Aww yes! Cant wait to get my hands on the Gamma Gun!

lol It's not in this version unfortunately. I'll probably add it and the Deweytron in the "full version" though, as the plasmagun and bfg equivalents. I for sure want to bring in the eye guys at some point.

Share this post


Link to post

Add dat towel weapon muh boi

Well i would like it if you could add death animations to the people that can transform into ghouls so that they die,fall to the ground,turn into a demon death sprite and gets revived "archvile style" (or maybe its just a bit to much to add onto some one map npcs)

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Impie said:

lol It's not in this version unfortunately. I'll probably add it and the Deweytron in the "full version" though, as the plasmagun and bfg equivalents. I for sure want to bring in the eye guys at some point.

Haha, I remember this game. Wasn't there a corpse that killed you instantly if you touch it as well?

Share this post


Link to post

There are good monsters? See, that "Doom would be better if you could reason with the monsters" article was right after all!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Kapanyo said:

There are good monsters? See, that "Doom would be better if you could reason with the monsters" article was right after all!

Yes but most are humans that turn into evil monsters if you kill them

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Dayum, I never played the original game

Good,you shouldn't because its BAD

8 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

but boy DO I want to play this port. I can tell it is going to be a kickass game :D

Its really cool and it gets only better with updates :)

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Dayum, I never played the original game, but boy DO I want to play this port. I can tell it is going to be a kickass game :D

Well there's about an hour's worth of playable material right now (if you know what you're doing: some people were playing it for days before they beat it). Just remember it's for Heretic, not Doom.

 

52 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Add dat towel weapon muh boi

Well i would like it if you could add death animations to the people that can transform into ghouls so that they die,fall to the ground,turn into a demon death sprite and gets revived "archvile style" (or maybe its just a bit to much to add onto some one map npcs)

It was just easier to have them snap into ghoul mode. The sprites I used for the humans don't have death or pain frames so it'd be a lot of custom sprite work that I didn't think was necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, MrSkeltal said:

I thought this would be a mod based off the hit movie.

 

 

Maybe Impie will add levels based on the movie later on XD

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Or Monster University

If you want to get sued by pixar then yes.

Share this post


Link to post

Haha joke's on Pixar, Nickelodeon's just waiting to sue them for stealing the premise of Aaah Real Monsters.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Impie said:

Haha joke's on Pixar, Nickelodeon's just waiting to sue them for stealing the premise of Aaah Real Monsters.

Well the idea of a bunch of monsters in a school isn't all that new really.Remembers the 3D casper movie and cartoon were he goes to monster school

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Well the idea of a bunch of monsters in a school isn't all that new really.Remembers the 3D casper movie and cartoon were he goes to monster school

I was referring more to the whole "world where closet monsters are organized and it's their job to scare people" thing.

 

Except Nickelodeon actually made them believably creepy. There's not a single monster in Monsters Inc that's anything but adorable. I call bullshit.

 

Anyway to answer your question from earlier, the Medusa was the monster that insta-killed you. I was thinking she'd be the villain of episode 2 if I get around to making one.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Impie said:

Except Nickelodeon actually made them believably creepy.

I don't think they even tried making them creepy looking at some of the early to late 90s nick cartoons lol.

Edited by SOSU

Share this post


Link to post

Noobface Review!

 

Great and interesting mod! Setting and atmosphere is a bit cheesy, but after I did some research I figured out it was supposed to be so, so great atmosphere capture!

 

Took me a while to figure out that ghosts revive all the zombies ghouls, but I had enjoyed fightning and making sure I don't hit any of the friendlier NPCs.

 

The puzzle in the lab screwed me over and over and I bet I had spent at least 35% of my gameplay at this part.

 

Question: Did you really had to use Heretic to make this? Is it possible to use Doom2 stuff at all? Was it the textures, or the inventory?

 

All in all, transferring the entire game into a "3D" realm instead of keeping it a linear scroller is what takes the cake here, I presume. This is why I like all (okay, not all) game ports and independent games made like this. With a extra dimension in play, tons of stuff opens up to use, and play with. Great job, 9/10 (because of the damn puzzle >:( ).

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Gez said:

The name of MAP05 kinda bugs me because Albuquerque is spelled with an 'u'.

Goddammit I was sure I spelled it right...Guess I'll fix that with the next update.

 

lol And now the wiki mods will have to fix it too.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Question: Did you really had to use Heretic to make this? Is it possible to use Doom2 stuff at all? Was it the textures, or the inventory?

The other option was to use Doom 2 and then painstakingly figure out how to transfer ALLLLL of the default graphics, sounds, items, mechanics, etc. I woulda spent more time doing that than making the damn thing.

 

EDIT: Dammit, I double posted...

Share this post


Link to post

Updated the download so Albuquerque is spelled right, and also the windows at the school are translucent.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/3/2017 at 1:34 PM, Xyzzy01 said:

Aww yes! Cant wait to get my hands on the Gamma Gun!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Woohoo! :D

 

gg.png.150721e33fbb21df55ba04ba41cf465e.png

 

Hmm, decisions, decisions... You would think a bat would be be more effective than a towel...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×