Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Sol y Verde: A cramped small hood

Kind of a step backwards from your previous few maps I feel. It could just be that I don't really like open levels but I felt like there was a real lack of direction here and the layout was kind of hard to remember. I also felt like there was a real ammo shortage.

In general though, its a good map. A nice mix of tense run and gun and cramped hallway combat styles. I really liked the yellow key card area specifically.

(also there's a HOM near the stairs down to the pit with the concrete walls)

22 hours ago, Plusw said:

Kind of a step backwards from your previous few maps I feel. It could just be that I don't really like open levels but I felt like there was a real lack of direction here and the layout was kind of hard to remember. I also felt like there was a real ammo shortage.

In general though, its a good map. A nice mix of tense run and gun and cramped hallway combat styles. I really liked the yellow key card area specifically.

(also there's a HOM near the stairs down to the pit with the concrete walls)

Thanks for the review! I'll test it again (tomorrow) and will add some ammo at some points and also see if I can make some areas more noticeable via texturing.

EDIT: Added an ammo box near the beginning and did a bit of ammo redistribution, also added a couple of radsuits before the last cyberdemon, some stimpacks here and there and fixed some monsters that were deaf by mistake.

About that HOM is not a HOM proper but some nodebuider bug, I'd have to change that part of the layout so I guess I'll live with that.

Edited by nicolas monti