Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

Weapon loadouts

BTW, ACS scripts have to be added when creating a map in Hexen format/UDMF, right? You can't just add them externally (e.g. to the vanilla maps).

You can create a SCRIPTS lump under the BEHAVIOR lump, and add the script to it then compile it.

2 hours ago, KVELLER said:

BTW, ACS scripts have to be added when creating a map in Hexen format/UDMF, right? You can't just add them externally (e.g. to the vanilla maps).

That is correct. You can do this only in ports that support ACS & scripting. I other words, you can't add scripts to vanilla maps. Well, you can add them (using the method that dmg_64 described), but they won't run in vanilla or Chocolate DooM.

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

Whoa! I did not know that. An old dog has, indeed, been taught a new trick.

I'm curious, though, how libraries can be added to a map in DooM format. I know that the pk3 structure can be used (in which case, I don't believe doom/2.exe will recognize it), but how can a simple wad structure be used? The wiki mentions using A_START & A_END markers. I presume these are recognizable by doom/2.exe

Thanks for the information.

8 minutes ago, ReX said:

I presume these are recognizable by doom/2.exe

No. Note the difference between format and compatibility. Here we are talking about maps that are saved in Doom format, but only work properly when played in ZDoom or other ports supporting ACS (which vanilla exe isn't one of).

Just now, scifista42 said:

Here we are talking about maps that are saved in Doom format, but only working properly when played in ZDoom.

Ah, I understand the difference now, and the wiki article makes sense in that context.