Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

Biggest rush you've felt playing a game lately?

Scoring a Genocide with the MANcubus in Doom 2016's multiplayer whilst the entire enemy team was trying to murder me. 

Probably not the biggest, but I did have a rush at the last mission of Halo Combat Evolved, with the Warthog and the timer and explosions and Covenant everywhere.

Basically, I get a rush when I realise that I'm on a role eg 20 kills in a row, staying unscathed, bulldozing my enemies down, etc.

Team Fortress 2: Wave 666. I still get the rush and I've played it every day since September of last year.

First time seeing the cliffside area of Surface Tension in Black Mesa. It was such an amazing view and it was an incredible mix of nostalgia with a breath of fresh air at the same time.

I can't even recall the last time this has happened to me but it hasn't been for quite some time, I guess my gamers depression is the cause of it.

I had great fun when I started playing Diablo 1 some days ago, with the Warrior class. I took a large axe and I started killing things, until I reached the Butcher in level 2. He was a scary encounter and I beat him with almost no health remaining, because I probably didn't have enough Dexterity, so I had trouble hitting him (brought with me a shit ton of potions though). In the end I was victorious and I felt satisfied with the outcome of the battle.

And the whole atmosphere of the game is magnificent. The classic guitar in the quiet village of Tristram, the infested church, the dark dungeons under the church, e.t.c. make the setting believable.

Another game I had a rush with is CSGO, when I saved the round with the Five Seven. I was playing with my friends competitive and it was pistol round (we were counter terrorists). I was the last one standing and the enemy team had 2 full health players I guess, and 1 half health. I kill the first one in the lower tunnels entrance, near the CT side, but I end up with 1 HP or something. I stop and start walking around in order to hear the enemy footsteps (I thought I was in Silver, so who else would use tactics?). I hear the 2 last enemies behind the double doors and I approach the doors. Then I jump in the doors, spamming the nearest enemy with bullets. I killed him, but right at that moment, I was getting shot at by the last player who was at CT. From there, my hand decides to work on its own and makes a sudden movement to the right, while I pressed the mouse button (this whole thing was my last chance). Luckily, I got a headshot and won the round.

I guess hitting a headshot from a position 90 degrees away from the enemy was the best thing that happened in this situation.

And my friend told me I was very lucky, which made me laugh.

Guest Unregistered account

Team Fortress 2.

Market Gardening in general, on a Hightower server with highly skilled players always makes my butt clench as I make my escapes-- //slapPed

Playing Kritzkreig Medic with 100% Über with no teammates around while an accurate enemy Scout is onto your booty. yiKes~

3 hours ago, Kapanyo said:

Team Fortress 2.

Market Gardening in general, on a Hightower server with highly skilled players always makes my butt clench as I make my escapes-- //slapPed

Playing Kritzkreig Medic with 100% Über with no teammates around while an accurate enemy Scout is onto your booty. yiKes~

Yeah that's a gardening map, its also quite the demo destruction map. I can just sit at the bottom of the enemy tower and launch grenades up. No one does anything to stop me.

Guest Unregistered account

There's always some Snipers to stomp on Hightower ;)

14 hours ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

I had great fun when I started playing Diablo 1 some days ago, with the Warrior class. I took a large axe and I started killing things, until I reached the Butcher in level 2. He was a scary encounter and I beat him with almost no health remaining, because I probably didn't have enough Dexterity, so I had trouble hitting him (brought with me a shit ton of potions though). In the end I was victorious and I felt satisfied with the outcome of the battle.

And the whole atmosphere of the game is magnificent. The classic guitar in the quiet village of Tristram, the infested church, the dark dungeons under the church, e.t.c. make the setting believable.

It's such a good game, it's even better if you use the Belzebub Diablo HD mod or The Hell mod (though I haven't used that since 2012 so I can't remember if it's still good or not). I do recommend Belzebub however, if you want your Diablo 1 to have more Diablo 2-isms (mechanically, not aesthetically), The Hell is if you want a challenge and practically a new game.