Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The YU-GI-OH thread

Do you like it?Do you play it?Do you only watch the anime?Do you hate everything about it?
This is the YU-GI-OH thread of Doomworld where we talk about everything related to yugioh :D

If you want to talk about other TCGs or OCGs then make a thread about those.

I very much liked it during the original and GX eras, after that everyone stopped playing and so did I. Never had interest in the XYZ Synchro shit so I'm grateful for games that include older rulesets to appeal to out of touch people like me.

9 minutes ago, Red said:

I very much liked it during the original and GX eras, after that everyone stopped playing and so did I. Never had interest in the XYZ Synchro shit so I'm grateful for games that include older rulesets to appeal to out of touch people like me.

Synchro is great but xyz.......atleast its not as bad as pendulum where you can "summon a bunch of monsters in one turn" ( ;) to the ygo abriged fans)

the new "link" summoning is trying to fix it but its making the game a bit too much complicated

Also if you like 40K or just a Yugioh parody using actual rules then I recommend giving these a watch

3 minutes ago, SOSU said:

I have no idea of what a 40K is :D

Sorry for getting off topic! But the Yugioh parody is funny even without context.

3 minutes ago, Red said:

Sorry for getting off topic! But the Yugioh parody is funny even without context.

ehh no problem,i don't mind things going off-topic in threads :)

I used to play it over YGOPro with a guy I knew years ago but haven't touched it since. Really enjoyed the unorthodox stuff like Destiny Board because nobody else bothered with it.

Card game: Use to play it back from the end of middle school til late high school(2003 to 2006) til I got bored of it because I didn't care for the GX series of cards. I still have my old deck from those days which is a heavily modified version of the old Joey starter deck :P 

Anime: I've only watch all episodes of the original both dub & sub and never cared for the newer series.

Only recent anime relate I've watch was the new Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions movie which was pretty dope as hell :)

Video game: Only game I've ever played was Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards for the GBA which followed a simplify version of the card game with a decent RPG like story following loosely based on the Battle City arc(which to this day is still my favorite episodes in the anime).

8 hours ago, Philnemba said:

Card game: Use to play it back from the end of middle school til late high school(2003 to 2006) til I got bored of it because I didn't care for the GX series of cards. I still have my old deck from those days which is a heavily modified version of the old Joey starter deck :P 

Anime: I've only watch all episodes of the original both dub & sub and never cared for the newer series.

Only recent anime relate I've watch was the new Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions movie which was pretty dope as hell :)

Video game: Only game I've ever played was Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards for the GBA which followed a simplify version of the card game with a decent RPG like story following loosely based on the Battle City arc(which to this day is still my favorite episodes in the anime).

You should watch 5Ds because its amazing :D,the "card games on motorcycles" meme came from it but that doesn't mean that its not as good as the original,many (me included) consider it to be better than even the original :O oh and if you want to play another YGO game (that is actualy good this time) consider playing the tag force games on psp or the world championship games on ds :)

I watched Yu-Gi-Oh GX as a kid, and I also had a modest 160-ish-card Yu-Gi-Oh collection. Never played it much, though. I was more into Duel Masters.

I watched the anime, incluiding season 0, GX and 5Ds, overrall i'd say the original is the best, even though GX and 5Ds have some really cool cards, for those who haven't watched the anime, then i'd advise to stay away from the dubbed version, it's heavily censored, some scenes may make no sense, go for the japanese dub with subs, even though the dub has some good music, as for games i played Sacred Cards, good game, fair and balanced, Forbidden Memories, tedious grinding for the best cards, lose a duel in story mode and it's over, don't get me started on Seto and Heishin, with that 3-Headed Blue Eyes Dragon, Reshef of Destruction, insane cost on some cards to use, basicly a What-IF story, it ranges from difficult to unfair.

I also have read some of the manga, which is better than the anime in certain areas and it's a good read.

I have been watching the anime until now. To be honest, sometimes people overreact to the characters' appearance or something like that for the later seasons too much, Arc-V being the most. I understand that they want to mix things a little bit, and want to the make the protagonist a bad guy, but it doesn't execute properly. However, people usually focus on whether the design is childish or something like that. One more thing is that people like to question whether something is reasonable, but the design of Yu-Gi-Oh's world is that cards are the basic elements, so nothing really makes sense. Come on, this is an Anime, not real world.

I played OCG/TCG long time ago. Now I only collect some card that I like.