Your favourite TYPE of level?

-your favourite map setting?

-favourite map difficulty?

-chaingunners?

-long or short?

-detail-focused or gameplay-focused?

------------------------------------------------------

my favourite map setting is Hell

favourite difficulty would be hard. Like the ending levels of Scythe.

I hate chaingunners

I appreciate short maps, they are funner Imo

I prefer gameplay-focused. While I do appreciate detail. If i had to choose between the two, it would be towards gameplay

Edited by CzechMate29200

4 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

^^ This.

Have you ever played Resurgence? You might like it... (Kinda heavy on the chaingunners, though.)

ill try it, thanks

I tend to bounce between hellscapes and techbases for settings, although anything with Gothic textures will automatically make me happy.

I like medium difficulty, and enjoy shorter maps as well, usually since they're ideal for recorded commentary.

Chaingunners are assholes until you can get their gun.

I tend to think if a map is detailed, gameplay will be better because detail means the mapmaker is putting in effort into what they're doing. So, detailed.

Map setting: Probably techbase or anything gothic.  Vertically oriented maps are also fun.  Just no slaughtermaps for me, please.

Difficulty: Hard

Chaingunners: Definitely, I love 'em

Length: I prefer longer

Detail vs Gameplay Focus: I like it best when it has both.

I like the hell-gothic theme for maps. Always on Hard. Chaingunners? meh....

Size of the map? Medium-large maps. And for detail/gameplay stuff....50/50

No real opinions to this for some reason.

Definitely hard ones, but not as hard as Sunder or something like that for now. Try me best to improve in order to play harder all the time.

-chaingunners?

WHY NOT!?

-long or short?

Used to be long, but short is preferred right now, especially after CChest Map29!

Tend to be gameplay-focused, but details are always appreciated.

Extra: If a level has good music, it is enjoyable mostly.

-your favourite map setting? Any setting will do fine, just as long as it makes me feel like I am in the setting.

-favourite map difficulty? Any difficulty is fine. If you want to make it hard though, make it FAIR. I cannot stress this enough.

-chaingunners? In Ultimate Doom, obviously not. All other cases are fine unless you go overboard with them.

-long or short? Either is fine, best to make sure that the map doesn't bore me.

-detail-focused or gameplay-focused? read above

I like tech bases the most, or levels that start being a bit hellish.

Difficulty should be hard in my opinion.

I like some Chaingunners here and there, provided that the map author places them in my weapon's reach or near that. I hate Chaingunners that snipe me, without me having any kind of cover.

Medium or large maps are ideal for me. If a map has to be huge though, it better be very interesting the whole time.

And the map has to be something in the middle of detailed and full of gameplay. I like neither fighting a well placed demon army in a toilet, nor fighting 10 demons in a huge beautiful palace. Also, I appreciate some exploration in between fights.

Favourite map setting? Egyptian, city 

Favourite map difficulty? Medium - Hard

Chaingunners? In moderation

Long or short? Long 

Detail-focused or gameplay-focused? 50/50

Edited by Guest

Favourite map setting: tech from BTSX:E1, forest from DVII, egypcian from the same and AV, space stuff from AA, from the original iwads I like, hell and, blue (?)

Favourite map difficulty: you mean skills 1-5 or general subjective difficulty from Lost Episodes to... Tarkanisomething?

Chaingunners: sure why not, unless it borders unfair

Long or Short: Either, long if it isn't entirely linear with backtrack insanity, and short if it's not "uh that's it? my burps are longer". Actually, large and non-linear with not too much emptiness is perfect for me.

Detail focused or gameplay focused: Both combined. If a map lacks good visuals and details but gameplay compensates it, then it's ok for me. Although sooner or later, if both are not well combined throughout the mapset, then I'll feel bored.

This thread would be better if it was simply posing the question in the title and letting folks answer as they see fit, rather than ask 5 specific cookie-cutter questions that only represent a tiny slice of the pie.

22 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

egypcian from the same and AV

I also love egyptian-themed maps like in Epic 2 :)

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

Forgot to say... purple maps are fantastic!

Violence is one of them...

I like urban maps or Spaceships, Difficult, i play in Hurt me Plenty... If the map is good I play it with more difficulty...Chaingunners, do not put them there in the distance and leave me with a gun.... Size? Has to last between 15 and 30 mins without seeking secrets or all enemies, and gameplay a lot over the details. I dont want CoD maps for doom but do not leave all textures unaligned

Just now, Nine Inch Heels said:

Give this a read, and consider playing Miasma. I'm sure there's something in it for you.

I finished this map today. It reminded me Sunlust, but with lesser monster count.

3 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I finished this map today. It reminded me Sunlust, but with lesser monster count.

Now that's another map that I haven't played -_-

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

Now that's another map that I haven't played -_-

Put it in blind gameplay list ;)

Just now, MysteriousHaruko said:

Put it in blind gameplay list ;)

I will. Maybe I'll record it now.

Favourite map setting? Any but techbase.

Favourite map difficulty? On the easier side, but I also love hard maps.

Chaingunners? Gainchunners?

Long or short? Both have their place, both are good. No preference.

Something I really enjoy are gimmicky maps. Puzzle maps without monsters, maps that make you jump around, weird colors, lots of ACS, and so on.

Heh.. playing Miasma blind on UV is only going to work when you save relatively regularly. Most people won't be able to beat it on their first attempt just like that. Also, @MysteriousHaruko, you really don't need to always quote all the things to make sure people can understand who you are referring to.

1 hour ago, CzechMate29200 said:

Colourful, but without brown.

Brown levels feel kinda crappy. BA DUM TSSSSSSS

TNTEM cheat code, applied at the beginning of the map. If not possible, then easy, as in Fava Beans-easy.

-chaingunners?

Only friendly ones. :]

-long or short?

Long, of course.

Oh wait, we're talking about maps here. (right?)

Short, of course! :]

Detail. Yes, I said it. Fight me.

Smart gameplay with clever monster placement and truly surprising traps... pisses me off, I don't want that. I mean, I'll cheat anyway, so it makes no real difference. :]

D33teyl, on the other hand, is something I can notice, appreciate... and replicate in my own maps. ;]

hey bzzrak! Welcome back! While you were gone, this weirdo named blastoise was trying to impersonate you. I think he's banned already...

Edited by CzechMate29200

36 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Violence is one of them...

Definitely going to play that. Of course, I don't like the highly-modified weapon models.

-your favourite map setting?  I like overgrown techbase levels...like, you can tell that civilization used to be there.

-favourite map difficulty?  Ultra-Violence

-chaingunners?  I love the way they look and their itchy trigger fingers...but I hate being killed by them.  

-long or short?  Somewhere in between.

-detail-focused or gameplay-focused?  Gameplay, of course.

-your favourite map setting? I like hell with gothic elements or castles and well made techbases.

-favourite map difficulty? Hurt me plenty. 

-chaingunners? Makes me nervous and they often kill me near health supplies. They are nightmare material for me.

-long or short? Depends on mood mostly. 

-detail-focused or gameplay-focused? I like action, but small details is often cool addition to gameplay.