Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WeRtheFastHeadcrabz

Eating Demons (demon BBQ)

Human BBQ in TNT made me wonder about the reversal.  What would a demon taste like?  Are they poisonous.

Some demons seem to bleed red, meaning their blood has iron in it, possibly.  Although a cacodemon bleeds blue, signifying copper perhaps.  (Barons bleed green, which might mean uranium.)

And assuming you can eat it, could one cook it rare, or do demons have demonic parasites and pathogens you worry about?

And after all of this, it goes down to texture.  Demons seem to be physically active.  The meat would probably be quite tough and gamey, with some exceptions, like the mancubus (although its legs might be more lean).  

Any takes or thoughts on the edibility of demons?

If demon meat was actually a thing, I'd eat it everyday.

In fact, I'd become a demon meat salesman.

"Start your healthy diet of demon meat today for only $666/month!"

They'd taste like nothing, or at least what the consumer imagines. The consumer then becomes insane, violent and eventually succumbs to possession.

Pinkies, I imagine, would taste like wild boar. It has a mild aura of evil that would slowly corrupt human cells, but fortunately a few splashes of health potion usually fixes that.

Other edible demons include Imps (very tough, slightly spicy meat), Arachnotrons (have you eaten brain? Then you've tasted Arachnotron), and Mancubi (very fatty, slight salty aftertaste). A Cacodemon's bright coloration is due to strong poisons in it's body, so don't try to eat it.

31 minutes ago, TootsyBowl said:

Pinkies, I imagine, would taste like wild boar. It has a mild aura of evil that would slowly corrupt human cells, but fortunately a few splashes of health potion usually fixes that.

Other edible demons include Imps (very tough, slightly spicy meat), Arachnotrons (have you eaten brain? Then you've tasted Arachnotron), and Mancubi (very fatty, slight salty aftertaste). A Cacodemon's bright coloration is due to strong poisons in it's body, so don't try to eat it.

I woudn't try, i decided that if Demon meat became a thing, i would keep a Caco as a pet and eat the rest of the Demons.

Pain Elementals do look like meat balls, and (from what I remember) they bleed red blood. So, you could have a very large pasta meal using them. Not sure about how cooked they are in the center though... 

Demon meat all depends on the species.

Imp is like pork... specifically long pork.

Pinkies are tough but delicious beef. Given that new-Doom portrays them as being also used as farm animals, it makes sense that they'd be cultivated and eaten.

Mancubi are way to fatty and disgusting. Arachnotrons are... well, it's basically just oily brain.

Revenants are moldy and Hell Knights or Barons are probably like pinkies, just with whatever makes their blood green.

Archviles will make you explode if you eat them.

Former humans would make you a former human. If you're already a former human, they taste like crap, hence why you look for a LIVE human to eat.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:24 AM, Jamins34 said:

Pain Elementals do look like meat balls, and (from what I remember) they bleed red blood. So, you could have a very large pasta meal using them. Not sure about how cooked they are in the center though... 

They have an explosive taste... right?