map33+ in classic ports

I know umapinfo is being worked on, but are there currently any "classic" ports, with demo recording and classic physics / movement / monster behavior etc. and vanilla/limit-removing or boom compatible, that let you play map33+ properly without having to warp to each map individually? In other words, how do you play a 33+ map wad all the way through in a classic port?

Is there any other option for classic ports other than creating separate mapsets eg mega1.wad has 1-32 and mega2.wad has the remaining 33-64 renamed to 1-32.

46 minutes ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

In other words, how do you play a 33+ map wad all the way through in a classic port?

You don't. Unless you rewire the level transitions, you got a secret exit from MAP15 to MAP31 and from MAP31 to MAP32. And the game will simply end when finishing MAP30. All this stuff is hard coded into the executable so unless a port changes the setup it's set in stone. And no 'classic' port changes anything here.

You can start MAP33, MAP34, and MAP35, but when you activate the level exit you will run into troubles.

Ribbiks rewired the level transitions in the pr+ source but I don't think he wants to release it.

I had just done it in a way that was really kludgy (only compat with d2 iwad, chose arbitrary names for extended midi table / dehacked entries that were required), I think something like umapinfo that promises a bit of standardization is way more promising. here's hoping that materializes in some official port releases sooner or later :)

EDIT!: I missed the demo recording and vanilla compatibility stuff,  oops. 

Doom Retro handles MAPxx stuff.  I am not sure how it deals with level exits,  music,  skies etc.   It supports basic MAPINFO,  too. So I guess if the wad contains a MAPINFO lump,  it should be able to set all these correctly . 

Edited by VGA
Misread the OP