Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

The BFG, do ya like using it??

5 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

>Fist - When powered up, it can be as lethal as the BFG

Are we playing different versions of Doom here?

I didn't like it, until I discovered you could kill cyberdemons with 2 shots watching some demos lol

I only really like using it for bosses or absurd amounts of monsters, otherwise it's generally too slow for me to use efficiently. But it's very ammo efficient and powerful, so when I do use it, it's a real treat.

Best gun:  I always loved the overkill as a kid.  Also, I like how the gun's mechanics aren't simple point-and-click.  Instead of just clicking on the things that you want to die, you have to charge it, maybe using a pillar as cover and popping out during the build-up.  And the real damage doesn't go off until the green blob hits something, and the direction you are facing matters too, so there's a lot of tactical maneuvering and timing that goes into optimal BFG use.  It's also big and ridiculous, so it's the best gun.

5 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

I only really like using it for bosses or absurd amounts of monsters, otherwise it's generally too slow for me to use efficiently.

That's because your BFG technique isn't good.

While my favorite weapon is monster infighting, yes using the BFG is so fun.  In addition to what others have mentioned, there's also hurting stuff with the tracers while holding (and even firing) a different weapon.  And if one really wants to show off, timing BFG shots in different directions so they impact at or near the same time to score flashy kills/damage with tracers in more than one direction.

What a question. There's nothing like kicking a cow away from the force of the blast, or turning 20 zombiemen into mush with one pull of the trigger. Especially the cow double tapping is something I just have to do whenever it's possible. 

On 14/8/2017 at 0:16 AM, Voros said:

4shockblast is a real man.

Last time I checked he didn't even need his fist, he just stared at the cyb ass for some mins and it died.

I like the plasmagun. Sometimes I practice 2 shotting cybers, but then it's like save/load against the same cyber for a while, maybe sometimes 1 shot and then finish it off with something else. If there are multiple cybers and plenty of cells then I like using it.

Actually I find the classic BFG-9000 pretty boring because it fires always the same amount of cells.

I like more the Doom 3 version and a modified version "BFG-12850" made by a modder "Daniel" where you can decide the type of projectile fired by the weapon and you can use it as a plasma rifle :)

If you say BIG FUCKING GUN was the OPest DooM Weapon..

you need to take a look at the Russian Overkill.

Not exactly my cup of tea due to the slow ROF, and I generally only bring it out when there's 10< tough monsters (anything revenant strength and above), at which point it takes a few shots to kill all of them. It also seems to have a habit of firing once after I've let go of the fire button, wasting 40 cells.

Rapid fire weapons such as the Plasma Gun, the Rocket Launcher, or the Chaingun are more to my fancy. Serious Sam's SBC Cannon is a better ultimate weapon IMO.

BFG is just super iconic to the series, it's not my favourite gun to use for sure. The SSG is basically the best thing ever in my opinion.

One of the most unique and powerful weapons I've seen in an FPS game. Nothing more fun than to maximize damage potential and clear out a room or even take out enemies before they can start attacking you.