Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Midgard Outlaw - Sequel to Project Einherjar

LamQWJn.png

Less sci-fi, more action movie.

New bad guys.

Dynamic music effects.

A brutal 11-map episode taking you from safe houses to ships, underwater and on top of trains, and even through Juno's own worst nightmares come to life.

DOWNLOAD IT!

Author's Note: I had thought about a sequel to Project Einherjar for some time, but more importantly, a game experience that better encompassed the essence of the book series it was based on. Whenever I edit my fiction, I listen to a music playlist that suits the mood of the piece, to fuel my drive to finish the project. I thought it would be cool to use that music in a game project to help bring Winter Agent Juno alive the way I envisioned it. So I built Midgard Outlaw around the dynamic music mechanic, using music directly from my WAJ inspirational playlist, and toned down the sci-fi elements considerably. I’m really happy with the end result and hope you guys and dolls enjoy it, too.

Edited by Impie

First episode is up and available for testing. Please tell me what you think so's I know what to tweak.

It's fantastic that you decided to carry on with this theme, Impie, never really expected the sequel, and yet here it is. Great as always, beaten the episode and never noticed anything wrong this time around (aside from exiting some of the levels with low % of kills, but I was also missing secrets most of the time, so I guess it's related). Thanks a ton, definitely hope to see more, and considering how damn fast you are - I also hope the wait isn't going to be very long, heh. Cheers!

Hopefully it's because you missed some dudes and not some dumb coding error on my part that has non-monsters tagged as countkill. I'll check just to be sure.

Thanks for the kind words though, glad to know people are actually playing the crap I shovel out.

I'll start on a second episode if I can come up with more map ideas. I have kind of a vague idea for a plot based on The Guns of Navarone.

Is 1.9.1 supposed to be supported? The water iterates through a whole bunch of unrelated textures instead of animating properly. I'd use 3.1.0, but 1.9.1 works better on my system.

11 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Is 1.9.1 supposed to be supported? The water iterates through a whole bunch of unrelated textures instead of animating properly.

I guess not then. I've been using the latest gzdoom. Can you give 3.0.1 a shot and see how that works?

I gave 2.4.0 a shot, and the bug isn't there. Not that I expected it to be there. Guess I'll have to play in 640x480 with no anti-aliasing.

Episode 2 sneak peek:

Juno kicks off Episode 2 by escaping from the interrogation ward of a dubious rehabilitation camp to continue her pursuit of Dietrich Drogo. No release date yet.

On 12/17/2017 at 4:10 AM, DoodGuy said:

Edit: The download link is down

Fixed. Download link goes to the download page now, so you should be able to get it.

Edited by Impie

2.0 Update: 2 preview maps for the other two episodes. A dynamic escape from a reeducation facility, and a massive shootout in a night club (with a badass dynamic music effect).

Posted (edited)

I've concluded this project with Version 3.0: due to life stuff and lack of public interest, I've taken all the unreleased maps and turned Midgard Outlaw into a finished 11-map wad, since I hate having unfinished projects laying about. It's easier to finish individual episode releases, so that's what I'll do from now on.

The new maps (revised bonus maps from the previous version, and never-before-seen maps) follow where the demo left off, bringing the total map count to 11 (12 if you find the secret map).

I'm pretty sure it's working properly. Give it a whirl and let me know if anything breaks!