Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

Things that were cancelled and still hurts

Can be a movie, a game, a mod, anything.

Just thinking about what could have been shatters my heart

2745119-pt_end.jpg

Sonic X-treme, the fisheye view might caused few troubles with navigation But I really wanted to see at least one official 3D Sonic game with the Classic characters design and style, Before they drastically changed them For Dreamcast era, There was Sonic 3D Blast before it but that wasn't really 3D.

5 awesome episodes that people re watch to this day... cancelled because of "hidden swastikas" ( ??? )

UHQEscSaitdRuUb-800x450-noPad.jpg

58 minutes ago, Blastfrog said:

Fuck Half-Life 3, where is Episode 3? Valve consistently delivers on one thing: disappointment.

Valve has announced that they're not doing traditional single-player games anymore, since it's not where the money is.

In other words, that ridiculous E2 cliffhanger is the ending of the Half-Life series.

A series that recently caused nostalgia breaks? Well, I'm sure that you can identify something just by looking at my profile ;)

2 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

Sonic X-treme, the fisheye view might caused few troubles with navigation But I really wanted to see at least one official 3D Sonic game with the Classic characters design and style, Before they drastically changed them For Dreamcast era, There was Sonic 3D Blast before it but that wasn't really 3D.

Not to mention it would've introduced what could've been a great character.

1 hour ago, Cynical said:

Valve has announced that they're not doing traditional single-player games anymore, since it's not where the money is.

In other words, that ridiculous E2 cliffhanger is the ending of the Half-Life series.

absolutely disgusting.

tbh i hope an indie developer mods an E3 although theyd probably get a cease-and-desist from Valve :(

2 hours ago, Trupiak said:

cancelled because of "hidden swastikas" ( ??? )

Apparently it had more to do with AS cutting ties with the creator and hidden slurs rather than just specifically swastikas. Not like South Park or something, hidden in the sense of "I'm going to use this one racist slur only people balls-deep-in-racism like me can understand so they get a kick out of it" as opposed to "lets make an episode about the usage of slurs"

A ton of megaman related stuff,silent hills,the dreamcast castlevania game,the first versions of resident evil 4 (the first became devil may cry and the last became RE4 but everything in the middle...) and many many more D;

Its weird that I can't think of anything that was canceled that I really wanted to experience.

2 hours ago, Cynical said:

As a superfan of the Half-Life franchise and as a human being I do not accept this. Utterly unacceptable.

9 minutes ago, Trycon said:

Prey 2

OMG yes. The "first" version of Prey 2 (which is now just Prey, 10/10 name) looked so good. It was like a space bounty hunter game. That would have been so good.

And then there's big companies buying smaller companies and cancelling their games.. like what EA did to Dungeon Keeper and what Bethesda did to a sequel to Fallout 2 by the same team that was on the verge on completion and then destroying the data.. man, soulless AAA profit driven companies really make my blood boil sometimes.

1 hour ago, Red said:

Apparently it had more to do with AS cutting ties with the creator and hidden slurs rather than just specifically swastikas. Not like South Park or something, hidden in the sense of "I'm going to use this one racist slur only people balls-deep-in-racism like me can understand so they get a kick out of it" as opposed to "lets make an episode about the usage of slurs"

But south park is racist too... and no, this show wasn't racist, it even had black people in it, it mocks modern comedy where you can only make fun of straight white males, many people enjoyed the show and it's just annoying all it takes for your show to be taken down is for one media whore to get offended

I think the title of the last episode speaks volumes though, " you hate this show because you hate yourself "

The Superconducting Super Collider, which would have been ready before the Large Hadron Collider and would have been better. Construction was well underway here in Texas when it was cancelled, throwing away a lot of money that had already been spent.

The Terrestrial Planet Finder, which would have been a space telescope much bigger than the upcoming James Webb Telescope, which in turn dwarfs Hubble. It would have been capable of directly imaging planets around other stars.

Edited by Empyre : fixed a typo

15 minutes ago, Trupiak said:

But south park is racist too... and no, this show wasn't racist, it even had black people in it, it mocks modern comedy where you can only make fun of straight white males, many people enjoyed the show and it's just annoying all it takes for your show to be taken down is for one media whore to get offended

I think the title of the last episode speaks volumes though, " you hate this show because you hate yourself "

I want to check this show out now.