Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bauul

Texture alignment difference between Hardware and Software renderer in GZDoom

Question

I've just started creating a new UDMF map using some custom hi-res textures, which I'm scaling down using UDMF's built-in texture scaler, and have noticed a sharp difference in the texture alignments between the Hardware and Software renderers in GZDoom.

This is the Hardware view, with the textures aligned correctly to how they appear in GZDB's Visual Mode:

DdmsvD1.png

But when I flip to Software mode at the exact same location, I get this:

NxfHpQN.png

The textures are scaling correctly, but the alignment is totally out of whack.

Anyone any ideas what might be causing this or how to fix it?

4 answers to this question

Do report any inconsistency as bugs on the ZDoom forum. This looks like a precedence issue -- "offset first, then scale" or "scale first, then offset".

Are you using the classic software mode, or the software polygon mode?

Is the wall lower unpegged? I had trouble in the past with software mode where unpegging a texture and setting offsets would royally fuck up the alignment. Why this happens or even what happens I am not sure.

16 hours ago, Nevander said:

Is the wall lower unpegged? I had trouble in the past with software mode where unpegging a texture and setting offsets would royally fuck up the alignment. Why this happens or even what happens I am not sure.

No, and pegging it didn't help either.

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or some feature/lack of feature I wasn't aware of...

It was the experimental polygon mode!  Thanks Gez!  I had completely forgotten I'd turned that on.  I'll go report it over at the ZDoom forums as a bug.  Thanks!