Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeroMaster010

A new trick discovery: zero press!

Name the new trick!  

151 members have voted

1. 1. How should this new trick be called?

There is an east/west switch in Sunlust Map 13 'Ruins of Skania' behind some bars. It's in the room just before you drop down to the cyberdemon canyon at the end of the level.

I can get my edge 40 units from the edge of the switch while facing in a westerly direction. Should a press be possible here? I've never pulled off a Zero Press before, though. 

The switch is the wrong direction if you face west (from inside the room), if you mean from outside the room you face east and the maximum distance is 32 units, so if the distance was 32 instead of 40 it would have worked.

Hi again, I'm wondering about the DR Door Open (Wait) Close Door on Ultimate Doom's E1M3 whose easterly end is at (-1984,-1464). Could I Zero press it open from the corridor 32 units to the East? 

I'm hoping a monster may keep it open for me then while I go around to the lift (might not work?) so I don't have to go through poison on a Reality run to reach the switch that gives me access to the area including the secret exit.

32 units is within the values I listed in that direction and the blockmap isn't preventing the switch from being pressed, which means it works (and I tested it), the problem with this one is that you have to move away from the wall so it's not so obvious. See tnt map10 for an example of a similar method used.

However I don't think there's any way a monster is going to keep that door open for you unfortunately, but I haven't tried.

Thanks, ZeroMaster! Yes, it seems more practical to time my movement through the poison passageway (I call it tic counting), which I am having some success with. I am curious though in case another method could be used.