Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

Do you collect anything?

If I have to say something about collection...I collect some souvenir from every city that I go...

1 hour ago, Maisth said:

I do like to collect old games and consoles, right now i have the N64 with 4 Games (Perfect dark, Donkey Kong 64, Star wars Shadow of the empire and Super Mario 64) also im planning to buy the SNES Classic edition

I wasted so many hours on Shadows it's ridiculous. I dunno why the game got so many harsh reviews.

Still prefer Goldeneye to Perfect Dark though. The alt fires for half the weapons were cheap as hell, and getting so much as slapped fucked up your vision for hours.

I'm a bit childish apparently, because I collect pokemon things. I have 99% of the games, I have a lot of plushies and the cards. I just love pokemon.

I collect:

-High heels (Who'd have thought?)

-Kitten gear for obvious reasons.

-Bullet hell shmups and their OSTs, because those have lots of variety, and they're wonderful.

11 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

-High heels (Who'd have thought?)

-Kitten gear for obvious reasons.

I sorta do the same with boots (witchy looking ones, gothy ones, and combat boots) and most any kind of choker, including kitten gear.  I seriously have more pairs of boots than I have pairs of pants XD

I think I've stopped collecting things. Perhaps. I'm actually going very much the other way, and getting rid of much of what I own. I sold nearly all of my doom miniatures a year or so ago, and kept just one - but now I'm going to sell that too. I'll get rid of my big boxes and manuals and floppies. Old computers and hardware and the like are going. I'm not keeping old geeky conference t shirts or other mementos like that.

Things I am keeping, at least for now: books by a select few authors (Pratchett, Iain Banks, Kim Stanley Robinson). I have a small-to-medium collection of vinyl records, but I am trying to control that. I'm not buying any more storage for them so if I want to get any more I have to get rid of some first. I don't tend to buy newly pressed records, I'm mostly interested in historic ones. Mostly old Factory Records era and similar.

As far as real collections go...I like to find unboxed VHS movies.  I have a lot of the original startrek series.

I collect hockey cards but I just like general collecting and buying a few things on ebay. Once in a blue moon I'll buy a box of whatever.

I collect music, most of which is on CD's. Not sure what the count is now. Must be over 300 albums on CD and about the same on cassette, some vinyl. Rock, metal, jazz, classical, etc...

Ok so I did a count on my CD collection and came out with 531.

Edited by Doom_Dude

I used to avidly snatch up any sci-fi show/movie I could find, to the point where it made up the vast majority of my DVD collection. My insatiable appetite left me feeling I could never have enough of it, until I found Stargate SG-1. That was enough then. Going through eight seasons in a short period was more than enough for me. Though I enjoyed it, I haven't been able to stomach watching anything on TV in the three years that have lapsed since.

I used to be kind of into the idea of owning extensive collections of media (films, music, games...) when I was younger.

The thing is, at some point I have noticed that having too much... stuff is not good for me, mentally. Specifically physical things in my apartment. Since then I've greatly reduced the amount of things that I own + have digitalised a lot of media. But even there I'm pretty rigorous about not getting bogged down with too much stuff I don't really care about.

Never felt better in my life, honestly. Getting rid of things is so cathartic.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:59 PM, SOSU said:

I collect yu-gi-oh cards (kinda) and good doom mods ;)

I got back into YGO last year since I had a couple friends that were getting back into it. Unfortunately, it's a fad that quickly died off and now nobody else in my area plays it. Go figure, just as I had a solid deck that I put about $50 into. 

I wouldn't play competitively though. Pendulums are so broken. 

I used to collect airsoft models. Occasionally I'd plink at a target, but I never got into the airsoft scene.

My brother-in-law collects a lot of Marvel statues (Bowen, Sideshow and Kotobukiya are the main 3, as my sister tells me). Strangely enough, he has few statues/models from Mobile Suit Gundam despite being a big fan.

All I'm currently collecting is non-physical: midis from Doom wads, desktop wallpapers, and pixel dragons. Physical stuff is too expensive for a broke freeloader like me.

I do have a few physical collections that I haven't added anything to in a long time. That includes tiny porcelain cat statues, plushies (i sleep with only my favorite two these days, thinking of donating the rest to actual children) and Bella Sara cards. I also used to collect pretty rocks but had to get rid of those when we moved to Prague.

Also my dad is a big collector of ww2 stuff and war stuff in general. He has a giant collection of various rusty ww2 garbage he found with a metal detector. There's not a shelf in this apartment without even a little sprinkle of ww2 on display.

Besides wads/doom stuff lately I have been collecting consoles, especially if they have some kind of modding that can be done (or can play doom). So far I have:

Atari 2600 (composite modded)

Sega Master System (region, 50/60hz and FM modded)

NES (region modded)

Sega Saturn (phantom mod chip and a 'gamers cart' http://ppcenter.webou.net/satcart/#gamers)

Playstation (soon to be modded)

Playstation 2

Sega Dreamcast

Nintendo 64

Wii

Xbox (soft modded with larger HDD, soon to be hard modded)

Xbox 360

Sega Game Gear (repaired it and upgraded the LCD)

Atari Lynx (upgraded LCD)

Gameboy (original with backlight)

Gameboy Advanced (soon to be back lit)

I got a 32x on the way, hopefully works/repairable (was sold as is) but will need to get a mega drive for it first.

This isn't so much a collection as it's a shelf for stuff that I think deserves to be on a shelf.

This isn't 100% up to date, but here's the list:

Top: Thief trilogy (Gold version of T1)

Middle: Alien VHS | Japanese King's Field trilogy, System Shock 1 (CD edition) and 2 | Bioshock collector's edition

Bottom: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy, Fallout 3 and New Vegas collector's editions, Fallout 4 | Deus Ex, Invisible War, and Human Revolution collector's edition, Blade Runner adventure game (recent purchase)

Not shown, but recently added: My copy of King's Field The Ancient City, aka King's Field 4 in Japan. I've had it for a while, I only just added it out of my regular games collection. The reason I have the Japanese versions of KF is because KF1 was never released in the United States; instead, they slapped KF1's cover on KF2, took the 2 off the title, and marketed KF2 as KF1, and did the same thing for KF3 in a very Final Fantasy-esque move.

Looking for: Pathways into Darkness and the Marathon trilogy in their original boxes, Shadow Tower (either US or JPN) and Shadow Tower Abyss.

RWupxk3.jpg

things I collect

• NES games
  • Genesis games
  • Famicom games
  • STIs
  • Consoles
  • objects
  • things
  • a lot of stuff

I actually found a thread from mid 2014 asking this same question, there's a list there that's only kinda outdated but quoting something from another thread requires some kind of black magic which I have yet to master

@Doomkid, to quote from another thread, all you need to do is click the plus sign next to the word "quote.". Then a little black box appears that says "Quote 1 post."

Go to any other thread on the board, and that black box will appear again.  Click it, and your quoted section will appear in your response.

Screenshot_2017-08-19-17-52-21.png

Thanks Trace!

On 11/28/2014 at 11:58 AM, Doomkid said:

I know I'm a bit tardy to the party, but I'm a nutcase about collecting old games.. It's much harder in AUS than it was back in the US - Thrift stores are called op shops here, but rarely do you find electronics. ebay has helped me greatly, though - Sometimes you find gold for cheap.

Here's a list of cartridges and CD's I own, plus weird little adapters and shit. I've added some info/opinions about the more obscure titles. There's about 200 in total:

Reveal hidden contents

--NES

64 in 1 (Bootleg, lots of oldschool NES titles)
Battletoads
Castlevania (1)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
Doney Kong / Donkey Kong JR
Earthworm Jim 3 (Reproduction of EWJ 1)
Ghosts N' Goblins (AKA Ghostly Village)
Joust
Kart Fighter (Reproduction, basically Street Fighter meets Mario Kart.)
Kirby's Adventure
Kung Fu
Marble Madness
Ninja Gaiden
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 2 JAP (Reproduction)
Super Mario Bros 3
Tennis
Tetris
Zelda

(Game Genie, cause I'm a cheater)
(Honeybee - Adapter that allows me to play Famicom games on NES. I don't own a famicom.)
(NES Advantage. Sweet arcade stick, works well.)

--Famicom Bootlegs (Nearly all of these are backports from SNES and Genesis. Cool collector's items!)

3 in 1 - Harry's Legend (weird game), Somari (Sonic/Mario fusion), Super Mario Bros 2 (US)
4 in 1 - TMNT (nes), TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Batman (Sunsoft), Spider Man (Crappy Ninja Gaiden hack)
22 in 1 - Mostly old NES games, but contains Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak, which is very rare.
Aladdin (SNES backport)
Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden 2 (SNES backport. Could be better.)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (Only 4 stages)
Donkey Kong Country 4 (Is actually DKC 1. Nearly the entire game, minus a few stages/screens)
Master Fighter 2 (Decent Street Figher 2 port)
M.C. Mario (M.C. Kids, but with a Mario 3 sprite slapped in)
Mortal Kombat 2 (is actually MK1. Pretty fun, but minius blood and fatalities. Yeah..)
Mortal Kombat 2: Special (A fusion of MK1 and MK2. Blood's there, still no fatalities. Easy to be a cheap asshole.)
Street Fighter III (A great port of Street Fighter 2. 9 players, good graphics, good control, but the music and sound is pretty awful.)
Super Boogerman 2 (Port of Boogerman 1 from Genesis, I believe)

--SNES

Aladdin
Battletoads / Double Dragon
Beavis & Butthead
DOOM (That snazzy red cart!)
Earthworm Jim
F-Zero
Killer Instinct (Black Cart)
Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow (Fun Disney game)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
NBA Jam
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super Off Road
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars (LOVE this one)
Super Smash TV
Super Star Wars
Tetris & Dr. Mario
Zelda: A Link to the Past

--Super Famicom (Japanese SNES)

Castlevania: Dracula X (This game gets a lot of hate. I think it's a masterpiece.. Fetches a pretty penny!)
DBZ: Super Butoden
DBZ: Super Butoden 2
DBZ: Super Butoden 3
DBZ: Hyper Dimension
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Final Fight
Kirby Superstar
Megaman X
Megaman X2
Megaman X3
Starfox
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers
Super Castlevania 4 (Best Castlevania of all.)
Super Mario RPG (JAP)
Super Mario All-Stars
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Wolf3D (This is actually a really good port, minus the nazi censorship.)

(Super Gameboy - Allows play of GB/GBC games on the TV)
(RetroPORT - Allows play of NES games on your SNES)
(RetroGEN - Allows play of Genesis/Megadrive games on your SNES. I don't own a Genesis - Seriously, fuck that controller)
('Fire' adapter, allows play of SNES games on Super Famicom. I don't own a north American SNES. I could mutilate my Super Famicom and make SNES games fit, but who wants to do that??)
(Game Genie SNES. Doesn't work through the 'Fire' adapter so it's totally pointless!)

--Gameboy/GB Color

Castevania 2: Belmont's Revenge (For me, this is the 'real' Castlevania 2.)
Super Mario land
Super Mario land 2
Kirby (Bootleg cart, not sure what Kirby game it is exactly, but it's fun. You turn into a hamster and a fish and stuff.)
King of Fighters 2000 (Another bootleg cart wth an official game. It's fun for a GB fighter.)
Donkey Kong GB
Pokemon Red (JAP)
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
Zelda: Link's Awakening (Favorite Zelda game!)

--Sega Genesis / Megadrive

3 in 1: Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi
Adventures of Batman & Robin (Excellent 2 player game)
Aladdin (Very fun, but I think the SNES one is a bit better, contrary to popular opinion.)
Alisia Dragoon
Altered Beast
Castlevania: Bloodlines (Epic!)
Golden Axe
Golden Axe 2
Golden Axe 3
Marble Madness (I prefer the NES version, the music in this is ear rape..)
Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Reproduction, includes Megaman 1, 2 and 3!)
Ms. Pac-Man
Pocket Monster 2 (Bootleg platformer starring Pikachu, pretty rare)
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic & Knuckles

--Gameboy Advance

DOOM
DOOM2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Amazing, tied with Mario RPG)
Super Mario Advance (Mario 2)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Pokemon Leaf Green (Bootleg, save files work!)
Yoshi's Universal Gravitation (Gift from Julia)

--Nintendo DS

Mario64 DS
Mario Kart DS
New! Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs (Julia's)
Spyro: A New Beginning (Also Julia's)
Starfox Command

--N64

Adventure Beetle Racing (lulzworthy)
Bomberman Hero (JAP)
Cruisin' USA
Donkey Kong 64
DOOM 64
Goldeneye 007
Kirby: Crystal Shards
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis (JAP)
Mario Party 3 (JAP)
Pokemon Stadium (German version, fckn useless to me)
Rush
Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA
Rush 2049
Starfox 64 (Lylat Wars)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Vigilante 8
Yoshi's Story

(Passport Plus III - Adapter allowing all region games to be played on my Aussie N64)

--Gamecube

Mario Kart: Double Dash!
Mario Party 4
Mario Power Tennis
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Zelda: The Windwaker

--Wii

Mario Kart Wii
Mario Power Tennis (Wiimote Compat)
NBA Jam (New Wii version)
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports

--Xbox 360

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Borderlands
Civilization: Revolution (I love this one)
COD: Black Ops
COD: Modern Warfare 2
Dead Island
Dead Rising
Dishonored
DOOM 3: BFG Edition (Also have D3 for the old Xbox)
Duke Nukem Forever (Actually, it's kinda fun)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bleh, lame port)
Farcry 3
Fallout 3
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Grand Theft Auto IV (All time favorite GTA!)
Grand Theft Auto V
Halo Wars
Homefront
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2 (Piece of shit censored Australian version..)
Left 4 Dead 2 (The unmolested violent version, had to import from England!)
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Metro 2033 (Snore)
Minecraft (I thought Minecraft would suck, seemed so damn overrated. I tried it and fell in love with it. Great game for me and Julia to play cooperatively.)
Mortal Kombat 9 (AMAZING GAME. I wish all remakes of classic titles were this good.)
Perfect Dark Zero (Awful, just awful..)
Portal
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption
Skate 3
Super Street Fighter 4 (Love this one)

--PC Games

DOOM (Registered and Ultimate)
DOOM2
DOOM3
Duke Nukem 3D
Elder Scrolls Arena (Just can't get the control down.. Waving the mouse around like a downie to attack sucks.. Needs a remake/patch)
Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (See above)
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Finally the fucking control makes sense, great game!)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (It takes like 20+ mods to make this game how it -should- have been..)
Final DOOM
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto IV (Refuses to run??? Hence the 360 version..)
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Minecraft (Somewhat different from 360 version.)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 & 2 (Love 'em)
Terraria (Fun, but didn't hold my interest for long)
Wolf3D (One of my first ever video games)

(I've owned two different PS2 consoles, both crapped out after like 2 months, so fuck that noise. Had to sell Devil May Cry and Crash Bandicoot, which was a shame.. I also have pretty much every emulator out there, NES, N64, PSX, MAME Arcade, etc etc - I don't technically own these so I ain't gonna list them.)

Pretty sure that's official nerd status right there..

I also miss flea markets! Back in Sanford (in Florida) there was a great place for retro games - Flea World. Hell, it was fun to go there just to get some heart-stopping corn dogs and ride some rides.

EDIT: Here's a bit of a ball buster. I used to own Zombies Ate My Neighbors on SNES, and sold it for like 5 bucks. Now it's going for $60 on ebay - But it gets worse. I also used to own Flintstones: Surprise At Dinosaur Peak - Again, sold it for about 5 bucks.... Look on ebay if you want to see why that's fucking devastating! But Hey, Castlevania: Dracula X costs well over $100 usually and I got it for like $30, so I guess you give and you get.

I'm collecting Metal bands t-shirts, wasn't my intention at first but couldnt stop myself from buying more, so I end up with a shitload of them.