Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

What about a PC Internal Speaker mod for playing proper sound effects (porting "DS" sounds to "DP" sounds) or even music with Vanilla Doom?

I never had the time to check the reverse-engineered code, so.. Yeah, this one might be a very stupid idea indeed, if it's not feasible!

3 hours ago, Valgilton said:

What about a mod where doomguy is clumsy and sometimes incompetant but still relatively playable?

Even better is if the monsters are equally clumsy.

Zombies randomly dropping their guns. Rarely, a zombie will have a gun that shoots out a BANG flag. He'll be just as surprised at that as you.

Imps bumping into each other with those spikes. Fireballs fly about three feet and hit the ground with a pitiful plop.

Demons and spectres skidding along the floor and smacking into walls.

Lost souls fly up to you and ask for directions to the exit.

Revenants fall flat on their backs when they fire a rocket.

Mancubus ignoring everything while eating a hamburger.

Arachnotrons and spider masterminds stumbling around on roller skates.

Arch-viles panic while using their fire attack because they realize that they themselves are on fire.

Barons and hell knights constantly square dancing with each other.

Cacodemons randomly pop and fly around like a balloon losing air.

Pain elementals suffering from a cold and constantly in pain.

Cyberdemon arms are replaced with a Rocket brand lawn chair.

6 hours ago, Ichor said:

Even better is if the monsters are equally clumsy.

Zombies randomly dropping their guns. Rarely, a zombie will have a gun that shoots out a BANG flag. He'll be just as surprised at that as you.

Imps bumping into each other with those spikes. Fireballs fly about three feet and hit the ground with a pitiful plop.

Demons and spectres skidding along the floor and smacking into walls.

Lost souls fly up to you and ask for directions to the exit.

Revenants fall flat on their backs when they fire a rocket.

Mancubus ignoring everything while eating a hamburger.

Arachnotrons and spider masterminds stumbling around on roller skates.

Arch-viles panic while using their fire attack because they realize that they themselves are on fire.

Barons and hell knights constantly square dancing with each other.

Cacodemons randomly pop and fly around like a balloon losing air.

Pain elementals suffering from a cold and constantly in pain.

Cyberdemon arms are replaced with a Rocket brand lawn chair.

So basically, turning all Monsters into the Doom equivalent of Dan from Street Fighter 2 Alpha?

Also, that would be hilarious in a Slaughtermap, because no one would be expecting it. 

The icing on the cake would be a metal midi-themed version of the Benny Hill theme included with it.

Doom with a navigator that tells you where to go for the exit, but depending of the navigator you use, it will give you a longer and stupid way to reach your destination.

Not a stupid idea but it could be...

Classes:

5+ character unique character classes to choose from, each with their own weapons and abilities. There would be no overpowered characters due to the use of the tome of power. New classes can be added in as an add on pack.

1. One that has nothing but different colored magic wands. 1 Heretic wand in yellow, blue, red and white and 1 Hexen wand in yellow, blue, red and white. She also uses the back end of the wands as melee weapons with using the alt fire.
  2. One that uses dual wield weapons, like the pistols and shotgun from the psychic mod. He can also melee with them.
  3. One that uses different crosses which can do things like summon lightning, spirits and other such cleric stuff.
  4. One that uses a combination of different arrow types in his crossbow. He has ice, fire, exploding and poison arrows to name a few.
  5. One that uses various rifles, shotguns and carbines. His weapons are very accurate and are best used at medium range.
  6. One that shoots out magic abilities only from his hands.

Monsters:

Only the best monsters from Heretic, Hexen, Doom, and any other mod from the community. There would be no stupid monsters that look like crap.

Levels:

• 10 massive, detailed, atmospheric and gorgeous levels that could take the player 2 to 4 hours to complete.
  • Saving anywhere has been disabled but it enables checkpoints more on the reason below.
  • Saving anywhere had been disabled because if you die you get re-spawned in a random arena or invasion style map where you have to fight until you die.
  • Once dead you are re-spawned back into the regular story levels but at the last checkpoint that you have cleared minus the enemies that you have defeated already.
  • Rinse, wash and repeat until you reach the end of the champagne.
  • Secret levels, there are none because the invasion style maps are the secret maps you never know what ones you are going to get.

Difficulties:

There is 3 and only 3.

1. Difficulty the first: So easy that you probably won't die at all.
  2. Difficulty the second: You'll die on this difficulty often enough.
  3. Difficulty the third: You wish you had stuck with difficulty the second.

I have two stupid ideas for a Doom mod

One Punch Doom - The fist damage becomes overpowered and you can kill all demons in one punch. including Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds

Only 2 Ammo - Every weapon can carry 2 bullets, shells, rockets, and cells.

5 minutes ago, Baratus 95 said:

I have two stupid ideas for a Doom mod

One Punch Doom - The fist damage becomes overpowered and you can kill all demons in one punch. including Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds

Only 2 Ammo - Every weapon can carry 2 bullets, shells, rockets, and cells.

There's a One Punch Doom mod, here's the link:http://www.moddb.com/mods/onepunchman-doom

a doom mod that randomly generates a door somewhere in the level, then hides a key in a random place. so you cant progress until you find the key 

Edited by Jthom

19 hours ago, Jthom said:

a doom mod that randomly generates a door somewhere in the level, then hides a key in a random place. so you cant progress until you find the key 

But it's bugged, so the key will sometimes spawn at the other side of the door.

18 minutes ago, Master O said:

Descent Doom - Doom with 6 degrees of motion.  

The title screen can have a vomit bag on it.

12 hours ago, geo said:

The title screen can have a vomit bag on it.

Look on the bright side, at least you can fight Cacodemons and Pain Elementals in the air and even upside down!

19 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Why is this thread so popular? .__.,

What, did ya not know that people usually have more stupid ideas in their minds than good ones xdd.

15 hours ago, Master O said:

Descent Doom - Doom with 6 degrees of motion.  

I'd actually like to see that. Custom maps and enemies, maybe in the GZDoom engine, using 3D models to avoid sprite billboarding.

3 hours ago, Agent6 said:

What, did ya not know that people usually have more stupid ideas in their minds than good ones xdd.

I know for a fact that I have an endless supply of stupid ideas in my head.  They vastly exceed any good ideas I have.

My apologies to everyone on this thread. I can't think of any dumb ideas. Of course I can't think of any good ones either....is this allowed?

2 hours ago, grouchbag said:

My apologies to everyone on this thread. I can't think of any dumb ideas. Of course I can't think of any good ones either....is this allowed?

Hmm...the No Idea Doom, or Doom where absolutely nothing happens and doomguy sits in a hammock on map01's outside lawn and drinks a six pack for an hour.

9 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Hmm...the No Idea Doom, or Doom where absolutely nothing happens and doomguy sits in a hammock on map01's outside lawn and drinks a six pack for an hour.

LMAFO Good one Ichor!

slight modification to One Punch Doom: punch kills everything on hit, no questions asked but takes a minute to charge and you can't attack or switch weapons during that time.

Street Fighter 2 special moves mod collection:

- A set of patches that enable different special moves from the Street Fighter cast

Sonic Boom: Hold back for 1 second, forward, fire.  Straight projectile with somewhat slow speed.  Puts enemy into pain state for 20 tics if it hits.

Electricity: Mash attack to zap any monster that gets too close.  Vulnerable to ranged attacks and being hit by one will end the move.

Psycho Crasher: Torpedo forward a fixed distance.  Charges through and hurts any enemy it contacts.  Will get knocked out of move if hit by ranged attacks.  This can send the player off cliffs so do be careful not to torpedo into an inescapable pit.

And more...

a conversion where doomguy is trying to parlay his military success into a political run

the crowd is all imps and zombiefriends and they constantly heckle

each scenario sees doomguy deliver a speech during which the player can interject to respond to specific heckles that might be damaging to doomguy's rep

but if you retaliate too much you lose the faith of the crowd

and you have to play a map where you wipe out the crowd so no-one will know your disastrous speech ever happened

cos doomguy is a psycho meathead who worships his own shellshock he starts at the local level messing up council decisions, closing libraries and chopping down beloved trees

and as his political ascendancy gathers speed he's closing in on a spot in the national government where he can fuck up the real important stuff

the success screen is same as the Doom E3 one, except the idea is the factory is on fire because he sold the dev contract to a bunch of cowboys he had stocks in

1. A play on words wad in a world where Doom 2 was never released so fans of the first game got together and created "Doom Too: A Fan Sequel to Doom." After a few months it reached a lot of popularity on the internet so the fans released another sequel called "Doom Also: Another Fan Sequel to Doom."
  2. A Soda Drinker mod for Doom.
  3. A mod that covers fads like Pog, Firby, Giga Pets, Fidget Spinners, Rubix Cubes, Playdough, Easy Bake Oven and other toy fads from the past.

A realistic helmet mod where the sounds in game are all muffled beacuse of the padding in doomguys helmet. 

Unless it's already been done, what about a monster (any one) being best friends with Doomguy in a story driven wad about their adventures together? Where Doomguy rescues the monster and they become besties in good bloody monster killing fun? Ya never know....

I got some more dumb ideas:

. An Aeons of Death addon for Brutal Doom (AKA Brutal Aeons of Death)

. Brutal Rise of the Wool Ball (This my very first mod idea, i looking back on that)

. WOW.wad (But for Heretic)

. Smooth Harmony

. Hard-Hexen

. Juvenile Power Fantasy 2

...That all for now...

Edited by Apaul27