Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

30 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

What would you expect? He is a furry after all.

Actually, nothing is wrong  with being a furry either. I'm not a furry myself, but my hair is down past my arse if that counts. I'm told it's too long. Anyway, I did say my sense of humor is much weirder than his.

16 hours ago, grouchbag said:

Mike Anderson, you have a really weird sense of humor. But rape? Gay? Rape is wrong, and there's nothing the matter with a person being gay. Terry wads are shit. That's my idea. Guess my sense of humor is much weirder than yours.

I never said that being gay was wrong.  It's an internet meme called the Barney Bunch.  I couldn't make that shit up if I tried.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebVideo/BarneyBunch

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Drew_Pickles_(Barney_Bunch)

Mike, I was picking on you. I did say my sense of humor was weirder than yours. You don't have to explain to me. I will also be nice and tell you I'm sorry for being such a stinker. So don't worry about it! :D

A new idea...

So i was thinking about a Miniforce themed mod, although only watched the first two episode of that show.

But i think that show is very good (at least for me), Miniforce kind remind me of Super Sentai and Power Rangers meets Kemen Rider and Animal Crossing.

It very weird to say this, but Miniforce also feel like a Magical Girl show, but the main heroes are furries, could be the first Magical Furry show ever.

P.S.A: Miniforce is a Korean show

Now we stop talk about the show, and start talk about the mod based on the show...

Classes:

1. Volt (Blue Miniforce Ranger) - he is the leader of the Miniforce team, he also a squirrel, and can run with Super Speed

2. Sammy (Red Miniforce Ranger) - although he can't fly due to his injured wing, at least he had Super Jump

3. Max (Yellow Miniforce Ranger) - thanks to his Super Strength, he is the strongest member of the Miniforce team

4. Lucy (Pink Miniforce Ranger) - since she is the only female (because she is pink) and the only magical member of the team, she can use Magic to blast, even the strongest foes

I'll like to add Ray (Black Miniforce Ranger), Hawk (Green Miniforce Ranger), Ipas (She is also a Miniforce Ranger), and Anna (White Miniforce Ranger), but i'll add them in an addon for the mod.

Weapons:

Note: although you can pick up any force weapons while not transformed, but you can't use them, unless you pick up a Force Gem (the device in which the Miniforce team use them to transform).

0. force gem (which is required to use any force weapons)

1. fist (can be used by any member), magic (only Lucy can used them)

2. force gun (replace pistol)

3. force sword (replace shotgun and maybe super shot)

4. force bow (replace chaingun)

I don't have any force weapon idea, but you can your own idea.

DOOMHat is a mod where enemies have different hats on. The hats modify the enemy such as top hat does double damage, green berret attacks faster, baseball cap has bigger projectiles and cowboy hat goes faster.

DOOMovie the mod. Let your imaginations run wild! You have to follow the events of the movie or risk people calling you out for making a shitty video game tie in.

Too Many Silvers. All textures are silver.

Smore City. A wholesome mod where Doomguy lives in the woods. He must go out at night in search of wood to build a fire. Once the fire is built, he must go into his cabin and find ingredients to make smores. Smores are consumed. Doomguy is happy. NO MONSTERS. I suppose to add challenge, the player health can drop by 1% every X amount of time.

Shooting Fish in a Barrel: Doomworld Edition. There sure are a lot of fish around here... it sure would be a shame if someone were to add them as enemies to a DOOM .wad.

Cacoward Hall of Fame. One level for each year of the Cacowards.

SplatDOOM. Weapons are paintballs... Multiplayer only. Paint the walls while killing the other team.

But will it run Doom? There are a lot of consoles in Doom... but will they run Doom? If yes, Doomguy's happiness goes up by 10%. If no it costs 1% happiness. The longer you hold the spacebar, the better chance it has of running Doom. Doomguy's happiness starts at 50% and needs to be 100% to complete each level.

DOOMbook. Its like Facebook, but for monsters. Doomguy surfs looking for a single victim. The game selects one random monster for Doomguy to kill. Kill the wrong monster and you lose.

Predator DOOM: Doomguy is being stalked by the legendary Predator who operates a monster preserve. Predator defends the monsters. Predator can become transparent. If Doomguy uses a weapon with the Predator around the Predator shoots at Doomguy. Is the Predator watching? But I need to kill those Mancubus... do I shoot them and risk the Predator shooting me? Predator will shoot former humans, shotgunners and chaingunners because their weapons aren't attached to their bodies. Logic.

Edited by geo

6 hours ago, geo said:

Cacoward Hall of Fame. One level for each year of the Cacowards.

Actually, this is a nice idea!

Every map should be made with the mapping tropes of that specific cacoward year?

The retromod mod. You know how people have made modernized versions of the Doom and Doom 2 levels with added Boom/ZDoom features? The retromodmod would recreate all the classic styles of ancient TCs and partial conversions with ZDoom features. Get ready for ZDoomized versions of classics like "some Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon sprites and voice clips from the shows recorded in the late 1990s" and "some kid replacing the sounds of monsters dying with clips of him trash talking them." Also, the plasma gun would share a weapon slot with over ten thousand different homebrew flamethrowers.

How about a mod where Gggmanlives is the Cyberdemon and Lazy Game Reviews is the Spidermastermind who you can take down?

20 hours ago, Zeea said:

The retromod mod. You know how people have made modernized versions of the Doom and Doom 2 levels with added Boom/ZDoom features? The retromodmod would recreate all the classic styles of ancient TCs and partial conversions with ZDoom features. Get ready for ZDoomized versions of classics like "some Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon sprites and voice clips from the shows recorded in the late 1990s" and "some kid replacing the sounds of monsters dying with clips of him trash talking them." Also, the plasma gun would share a weapon slot with over ten thousand different homebrew flamethrowers.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mr-smiley-heads-safari-ii basically this.

Also, this sounds like a fun idea, I think Linguica posted here about a lost 1997 TC made by community members today, and I have this personal idea to re-create a wad compilation like heroes or wadpak series with the styles of various 1994 level creators, similar to the the way id did series... So for me it's a cool concept.

V.A.T.S. for Doom mod, or should it be called U.A.C.A.T.S. Absolutely needed when blasting crowd of zombies with rocket launcher.

"Fruit of the Loom DOOM": A Doom replacement where all monsters wear white tighty-whities and this song plays on loop:

Edited by Odal

A gameplay mod themed around pro wrestling.

Weapon replacements would involve guns/explosives named after wrestling moves. (Powerbomb grenades, Tombstone shotgun, Sharpshooter rifle, etc.) Multiple melee weapons that are ones commonly used in wrestling matches (steel chair, barbed wire baseball bat, single use flourescent light tubes, kendo stick, etc.)

You could take partial inspiration from La Tailor Girl and replace the powerups with gameplay changes based on a particular wrestler. (e.g. a Hulk Hogan/John Cena powerup would have you deal more damage the lower your health is to simulate a babyface comeback, a hardcore (like New Jack or Mick Foley) powerup that functions as a berserk/tome of power hybrid that boosts melee weapon damage and gives them more unique attack animations with enhanced blood effects, or a luchador (think El Santo or Rey Mysterio) powerup that gives you a speed boost/more aerial maneuverabilty)

For an added bonus, have a music pack filled with wrestler entrance themes.

Edited by mammajamma

Dynasty Warriors Doom (Or Doom Warriors/Doom Musou?) 

Basically the same as your standard map filled to the brim with enemies, but there's babysitting friendly monsters and capturing bases involved too.

Doom Dwellers. A sorta remake of the terrible 1994 fps depth dwellers in the doom engine.

Doom mod where you and monsters can move/perform actions only in tact of music. That will make hell quite a groovy place for sure. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, deadly dance off against spawns of hell sounds like a fever dream, BUT WHAT A MARVELOUS DREAM THAT IS.

Edited by BioRenegat

A mod wherein the player character has to paint a picture of George W. Bush with only his feet while imps shoot fireballs at him, and when you succeed--

Oh, wait, that's already been done.

Whups!

Alternatively, a platform game in which you have to consider the direction of gravity at all times, which can change without warning just to throw you off massively.

Name: Die-hard the Dolphin

Gameplay:

It mixes elements of a third person space fighter, action adventure, platformer, and puzzle game but set underwater. Levels would vary from performing tricks, cleaning up pollution, rescuing humans/sea creature to defeating hoards of evil underwater creatures, pirates and human machines.

Playable Characters:

1. Die-hard the Dolphin - A supped up dolphin with battle suit. The suit contains a laser on its head and attachments for missile launchers, gatling gun and rail guns on its sides. He also can see in the dark, and has a sonic attack.
  2. Eternal the Turtle - A sea turtle who can become invulnerable for a few minutes. He contains other cool turtle powers. He is actually the main boss of act 1 before he became friends with Die-Hard.
  3. Live Long the Sea Lion - A sea lion who can become invisible for a few minutes. He also has other cool sea lion powers. Rescued by Die-Hard towards the tail end of act 1.

Fiends:

1. A man named Herman.
  2. A woman named Wanda.
  3. A dog named Dingo.

Bosses:

1. An evil dolphin
  2. A supped up great white shark
  3. A pirate ship
  4. And a few others.

Daikatana GZDoom TC Remake/Sequel. I mean, kinda new story, new/old maps with fixed AI and other things. Crazy Stupid idea, I'm right?

Buffet Line Attendant doom, fend off the legions of hell by restocking and refilling your salad bar for the demons that come to eat from 3 to 9 in hell time. Serve justice by serving imps steamed shrimp, and feed cacodemons crab legs. Point your shotgun towards the area where the hot crab legs are as a baron of hell asks you for the umpteenth time if the ones you are serving are steamed which REALLY they are cold crab legs. 

Not exactly a Doom mod but close enough.

Name: Heretic: Shadows of Wolfenstein

Description:

Basically what would it look like if Heretic were to look and play a lot more like Wolfenstein 3d. It would have all the limitations of gameplay and level design.

1. Textures would have to be rebuilt to suit the mapping restrictions.
  2. Maps would have to be flattened out to look like wolf 3D.
  3. Movement would have to be restricted.
  4. Items like the wings of wraith would have to be re-thunk.
  5. Weapons would have to be re-balanced.
  6. Weapons and monsters would have to be scaled down.
  7. It can still use doom style skies.
  8. It can still use sector actions for doors and crushers.
  9. It can still use Heretic's lighting and special effects.

2 hours ago, Halfblind said:

hERETICSTEIN 3D

You mean basically Catacomb 3D with a Wolf3D skin?

WooW: A mod where everything is reversed, for example, you shoot to resurrect enemies, and the Arch-Vile kills them instead of resurrecting, etc.

20 hours ago, SOSU said:

You mean basically Catacomb 3D with a Wolf3D skin?

Though that would make a great idea that is not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more on the line of a Wolf3D style maps but with a Heretic skin.

Kind of like this but better:

Screenshot_Heretic_20180510_203858.png.70efb1dbb1db2a6473f2fec6b9bffb65.png

Edited by Halfblind

7 hours ago, Halfblind said:

Though that would make a great idea that is not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more on the line of a Wolf3D style maps but with a Heretic skin.

Kind of like this but better:

Screenshot_Heretic_20180510_203858.png.70efb1dbb1db2a6473f2fec6b9bffb65.png

Shit I wanted to say Wolf3D with a Catacomb 3D skin :''')

I count heretic as a spiritual successor to those games

STROOM

A mix of STRAFE® and Doom.

There will be three player classes. All are the same save for the primary weapons being different. There is shotgun, machine gun and railgun. Those occupy slot 2. Slot 1 is fists. The wrench will replace the chainsaw. All the secondary weapons will be there and will occupy their respective Doom weapon slots. Enemies will randomly change to their variants. A Little Joby or two will rarely spawn in a random place in the map similar to D4T's Unwilling.

A Doom mod about reviewing Doom mods.  

A Doom mod about making Doom mods.  

A Doom mod involving the daily lives of the Doomworld Forum Moderators. 

Disco Doom: You and a few enemies are on a large, lighted dance floor. The lights blink in patterns or randomly, and damage can only be caused if the target is on a lighted floor panel.